Britons Now Subject to US Law ??

Key difference is those others were not citizens of a democratic country. Why is he not being tried in the UK? Or by an international court?

Well Buldogg, international courts lay somewhat delicate in the US. I reckon that these would be fine of done completely their way. Reading the thread I think the internationalism isn't exactly percieved the same way...

If an individual threatens presents an danger to the safety and security of a nation. Why should the Nation not attempt to remedy the situation?
You give clear cut examples. But if the politicians start to give out licenses to kill, where does it end? You found out how things change in politics (p.e. the timetable- issue) All of a sudden you have a left wing president, handing out licenses to kill to kill of republican governments around the world.... It sounds ridiculous, but you set the door open to that

bulldogg said:
Key difference is those others were not citizens of a democratic country. Why is he not being tried in the UK? Or by an international court?

Columbia is in fact a democratic Country ;)

Ted your scenerio with a left wing President does not work. He maybe left wing but the US is still a republic so the threat is moot.

Ok, yes, Columbia is but its legal system is so emasculated Escobar HAD to be tried in the US. I don't believe the same situation applies with Great Britain. ;)

OK English point of view our beloved PM smiley Tony as we lovingly refer to him. Is up s**t creek he doesnt know whether he is coming or going, leading or following. Pension problems, NHS problems, Immigration problems, but by letting the US extradite this one man all of a sudden thats one less problem can anyone see where im going with this?

Plus the British security services wouldnt of let it happen without good proof that he did something that was perceived as a threat to the US. He may of been a threat to the UK aswell, but he mainly targeted the US so hes all yours!
If he obtained classified documents about your navy, we will wave our sabres whilst taking a look at said documents (you can never have too much information), but we couldnt charge him with it unless we had iron clad proof he obtained those documents illegally

Ted your scenerio with a left wing President does not work. He maybe left wing but the US is still a republic so the threat is moot.

Uhh 03USMC, I don't understand your point exactly. I just meant that there can be a symmetry in such things. If a right-wing president can hand out licenses to kill, why can't a left-wing persident do the same. And since they both can make policy, isn't it obvious that they will target things they deem "clear and present dangers"?

Ted said:
You give clear cut examples. But if the politicians start to give out licenses to kill, where does it end? You found out how things change in politics (p.e. the timetable- issue) All of a sudden you have a left wing president, handing out licenses to kill to kill of republican governments around the world.... It sounds ridiculous, but you set the door open to that
[/quote]

Even a "left wing" President of the US is still the leader of a Republic. For him to issue death warrants on the leaders of other similar republics is like cutting off your nose to spite your face,

Back