British SAS in action!

vargsriket

Hi, not sure if this was posted before, I saw this video a couple days ago and was highly impressed, since it's rare to find live action footage like this. These are real videos and pictures of the british Special Air Service operators in action, check em out.

Footage of the SAS working alongside american SF folks, apparently tallying up over 140 taliban kills.
http://www.sasrogues.co.uk/Downloads/Video/QalaiJanghi.ram

This is a video of the recreation of the Iranian embassy SAS storming, with interviews of real SAS operators. (poor quality)
http://www.sasrogues.co.uk/Downloads/Video/PrincessGate.rm

Here are some real pics of the actual operation:
Balcony05.jpg

ActionSAS5.jpg

Balcony02.jpg

BlowinWindow01.jpg

Embassy13.jpg

Iranian02.jpg

Abseil10.jpg

Embassy14.jpg

http://www.sasrogues.co.uk - excellent site with tons of info about this spectacular group of individuals. Has dozens of pictures of real battles, and some videos I haven't included. Check it out!

Nice stuff, I like the website. I know soldiers and sailors of this caliber and they are simply amazing.

It looks like hes shooting a M249 but i'm not sure. I think the Americans are Air Force combat controllers in the first video, their main job is to call air support in high risk area's like that.

Looks like an M60 to me, notice the longer barrel and stockier bipod. I may be wrong though. However, it's actually quite amazing that he's able to take the recoil and keep it straight. At one point he's almost thrown out of balance by the recoil. The fire discipline of these guys is astounding.
I also think those fighting alongside are actually Special Forces, more so because there's indigenous personnel there also. They're in fact accomplishing one of their main specialties, force multiplying, ie training local forces to avoid deploying more Americans, and calling airstrikes upon enemy positions.

Interesting that the Brits arent in uniform, just random civilian clothes. Isn't that against the Geneve Convention rules?

You might be right about the weapon, I don't think I have ever seen a M60 in person. I'm not sure if your talking about the Americans but their uniform says "Air force" on it and they were calling for air support. They were there as a contact for the brits to get ahold of the US Air Force. American SF were probably fighting some where else with their own detachment of controllers.

You're right the folks that were conversing are apparently air force. Probably forward air controllers as you said. I think some people were american SF there I believe though, because of the presense of indigenous forces and, well, the comentator said so :)

If they're British it's mostly likely the Brit verison of the FN Mag (M240), not that that makes it any less stunning that he can fire it from the standing position.. Really good video.

lol. the sas. lol.

Im a cadet and just got back from a FIBUA training excercise at sennybridge, the UKs 3rd biggest training area, and on one nitex a SAS selection group decided to engage us. idiots. needless to say our (ex para and ex commando) Warrant Officer and (ex pongo) flying officer took out a whole section ending up with them lying face down on the floor with their weapons on our minibus. how embarrasing! i hope those guys dont make it in!!!

The no uniform issue, its not against it, however they are not cowered by it, unless they apply to some of the exeptions to that rule, which they likley dont. Although its a tricky matter as the singning state must uphold that convention even if fighing in a country that does not uphold it (which Iraq however does, so it might be trickier then the above mentioned disciption.

Hi all,

Call me Mr Pedant, but the 'footage of the SAS working alongside american SF folks' is incorrect. They are not SAS but SBS. :roll:

I know this because the guy shooting the M60?? form his waist is my brother-in-law (no longer serving).

The film is from a Channel 4 (British TV) news report. This original broadcast did not blur the faces of soldiers.

Back