British parachute regiment and the SBS

Or the girl scouts: "Always Prepared". ^_^ Go Scouties! What's SBS, BTW? It sounds like some sort of covert group, if I'm reading the motto correctly...

Mwashu said:
Or the girl scouts: "Always Prepared". ^_^ Go Scouties! What's SBS, BTW? It sounds like some sort of covert group, if I'm reading the motto correctly...
LOL true. The SBS is the special boat service, Part of the UKSF I think its only the marines that can join it

yeah marines only,best unit in the UK.
so secret no one really knows how many there are and where there all stationed,the main base is in portsmouth but the rest are somewhere else.
rumered only 300 in them.
hardest unit to get into.
gd thing is if you dont pass the selection you can still be in the SAS.

The SAS is harder to get into than the SBS.It is also the worlds elite fighting force.You have to go through the same training for the SAS and SBS but they split off for their own training so far along the line.

All SBS personel have to pass selection.
They then go on to do their own training phase at Poole NAB.
They have now moved to another place along with the SAS that moved from Hereford.

Not only Royal commandos as far as I have heard, "everyone" can apply just like for SAS.

However I can imagine the number of troops with origin in the Commandos are high in this type of units as they are acustomed to work in coastal terrain.

//KJ.

Back