British Official Suspended After Al Qaeda, Iraq Documents Found

AikiRooster

Tube Monkey USMC
LONDON — The British government says a senior intelligence official in the Cabinet office has been suspended after secret government documents were left on a commuter train.
The documents on Al Qaeda and Iraq were found by a passenger on a London commuter train Tuesday. The passenger gave the documents to the British Broadcasting Corp.
The government's decision to suspend the employee comes as police launch a major investigation into the security breach. An internal inquiry is also under way.
One of the documents was a seven-page report on Al Qaeda's weaknesses. The second document was top secret and contained an assessment of Iraq's security forces.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,365806,00.html

I have no doubt that their is more to this story than that posted, as usual. They have to make it sound juicy though for it be news I guess. Gotta love the AP.

Seems odd, in my experience Secret documents were taken from place to place by courier in secure cases usually locked to the carrier. Even if found the person would have breached several acts to find out what was in the case. Public transport was not used.

I know that was a long time ago, but I can't imagine that security requirements have got any more lax in that time.

This case seems more to me like it was someone who was authorized to have the docs but was too lackadaisical with them while in his possession. However, then again, this is assuming the whole factual story is known by this article.

Could have been in fact, unclassified information, in which case they just carry it around as usual. Maybe they were not secrets as the article claims.

I found the guilty party in the disappearance.

Seagulthief.gif

Back