British Muslims

"

Oooooh! Smile when you say that.

I repeat my last post - you are quite unbelievable. You continually make the above accusation but its nothing but empty bombast ; be careful - you might start believing it yourself. Please don't brand others with your little agendas. If you have anything to provide on the subject , cough it up; if not, butt out. Simple as that. But please spare me the nonsense.

Clear the way there - back to the thread.

-----------------------------------
Give me liberty or give me death.

And yet I was right your post was nothing poorly disguised attempt at an insult, seems I should start believing myself given that I can read you like an open book (albeit a short story).

"And yet I was right your post was nothing poorly disguised attempt at an insult, seems I should start believing myself given that I can read you like an open book (albeit a short story).
"

Listen -
You are a waste of space on this important thread and have nothing to offer. Kindly desist and go play elsewhere.

--------------------------

Last edited:
back on track here...

If they want to come to another country, go through the marked border, and welcome to [your country of choice]. If you enter illegally, you have no rights. Beggars can't be choosers.

Has British Islam finally found its saviour? Lady Warsi has emerged as the first high-profile Muslim to fully appreciate the fears of mainstream British opinion about the role of Islam in this country.
She appears to have understood that public opinion is beginning to wonder whether the Islamic faith might be fundamentally incompatible with democratic British values.

By appealing for British Muslims to give up the “victim culture” and do far more to integrate into British life she has hit the nail on the head.

Most British people are pragmatic and tolerant about the role of minority communities in our national life but they will not accept their traditions being eliminated to placate the noisy demands of minority groups.

If Muslims show they are willing to reach an accommodation with Britain they will find that Britain is happy to return the favour, but if they continue to challenge our values they will provoke a mighty roar of opposition.

The poor quality of the largely self-appointed leadership of British Islam has been a key factor behind the increasing marginalisation of Muslim voices in this country.

Lady Warsi offers a better way forward. Let us hope that British Muslims rally to her banner.

back on track here...

If they want to come to another country, go through the marked border, and welcome to [your country of choice]. If you enter illegally, you have no rights. Beggars can't be choosers.

I agree however in this case it doesn't apply as the Muslims in question may have been British born and raised.

I completely agree that immigrants need to integrate into the nations they move to there is no argument from me on this however I don't believe you can expect the same thing from those who are born and raised in a country.

I agree however in this case it doesn't apply as the Muslims in question may have been British born and raised.

I completely agree that immigrants need to integrate into the nations they move to there is no argument from me on this however I don't believe you can expect the same thing from those who are born and raised in a country.

immigrants' children are would possibly very heavily influenced by old country values, through their parents. i'd personally give it another generation before considering their opinions those of a section of the "british" population.

serioulsly, i know pakistanis in the US who don't think 11 september '01 was that bad a deal. i mean they feel bad for the people dead, if they think about it, but can easily ignore that 'minor' detail, and think that in principle it was a good thing and usama bin laden is a great guy. honestly, i tell these people it's because of people like them that the world is a shitty place, and that they should leave the country if they feel that way.

immigrants' children are would possibly very heavily influenced by old country values, through their parents. i'd personally give it another generation before considering their opinions those of a section of the "british" population.

serioulsly, i know pakistanis in the US who don't think 11 september '01 was that bad a deal. i mean they feel bad for the people dead, if they think about it, but can easily ignore that 'minor' detail, and think that in principle it was a good thing and usama bin laden is a great guy. honestly, i tell these people it's because of people like them that the world is a shitty place, and that they should leave the country if they feel that way.

Again I can't disagree with you however I am not certain support for bin Laden should be considered as part of a persons "religious freedom" after all it is simply supporting a terrorist and should be looked at as little more than inciting hatred.

Britain's only woman Muslim peer yesterday launched an attack on Muslim 'hardliners and hotheads' who promote division and urged them to adandon the 'victim culture'.

Baroness Warsi attacked multiculturism, which she said had become a 'doctrine of separate identity'. Different groups were encouraged to feel that indentity 'requires the expression of difference to the point of hostility.'

Lady Warsi, who helped secure the release of the 'teddy bear teacher' from Sudan, insisted that Muslims had a responsibility not to confuse social expectations with genuine religious requirements.
For instance, a Muslim woman should be free to wear a veil in her private life if she chose to do so but also to wear any other dress she felt appropriate.

She attacked 'hardliners and hotheads who claim to speak for British Muslims,' highighting their claims that it was un-Islamic to VOTE or for women to have access to schools and jobs. She told them such views were wrong,wrong,wrong.

She also attacked 'honour killings'. There is nothing honourable about about these murders and perpetrators of such crimes should not be allowed to hide behind their faith. Muslims had a responsibility to tackle extremism because 'it was claimed in the name of Islam'.

SHE WARNED OF THE BARRIERS CREATED BY MULTICULTURISM and said that 'the failed state multicultural approach should be reversed, ensuring sufficient English language teaching of English history for all children.'

As far as 2nd generation British born muslims are concerned, it depends on how they are raised. They have dual nationality, and the bombers etc., appear to be coming from their ranks, with wide support for their aims. And they are not confined to Bin Ladenists. No wonder Britain is becoming disenchanted with them. (See my last post, 25.)

----------------------------------

Last edited:
I get the impression, that Islam is not understood, or rather looked upon as another sort of Christianity. This is not the case! Muslims have a duty to their religion which is far more than the lax church going we see in most countries. Non believers are not wanted whether it be in Islamic countries, or just in certain streets in England, where the Muslims have a majority! Their loyality is to ALLA, not to any worldly state. So please, do not dream about them as loyal citizens, that is not the way they think. to co-operate with a different culture, you have to understand it and that is where we often go wrong.

Last edited:
Ironically we find dictatorships around the world on our side because they know that these groups are a threat to them as well.

Just so - I guess everybody craves stability , which goes to show how the policy of the enemy is the destabilising of the world order. Somehow, it has to be demonstrated that this does not pay!

Back