The British Monarchy

Re: yeah forgot

Anya1982 said:
ahhhhhhh nooooooooo now prince william is due to thrown then harry so we have a while before prince harry has a laugh with the Nazi signs again!!

I have a sincere hope HRH gets a jewish Sgt Major in Sandhurst :twisted:

this is it

Prince Charles won't get the thrown. He has put the crown into disgrace plus if he marries camilla parker bowles he'll never get eire lol

Either way prince william is due up and he will do a rather good job i reckon!!

Has the personality of his mother

Prince Charles was a rather unfortunate guy in that he and Diana probably never got along from the start.
Personally I felt Diana was meddling in other people's affairs maybe a little too much for someone in her position. She should have toned it down.
Prince William is a good hope for a fresh new start I think... even though he's made some odd antics he can get away with the "awww I was young and foolish" excuse :lol:

Hey, I did live under the crown a bit with my many years in Hong Kong ;)

You don't seriously think the Royals will allow Prince Charles to be bypassed do you? Not gonna happen IMO. Time will tell though.

the_13th_redneck said:
I think Prince Charles being bypassed is pretty much a settled thing at this point.
Prince Charles can't be bypassed, its in the small print :(
The only way either of his sons could take over while he was still alive, would be only if he stepped down in favour of them.

I think there's enormous pressure for him to do just that though.
Who knows, maybe for once he might actually prove that he has *some* balls.

I know alot of people here in the states that don't want Prince Charles to take throne, but I also know alot of people here who don't think the British need a Royal Family either.

Well it's just a part of tradition really.
Again well those were the impressions I felt about Prince Charles (after living under the Crown for a few years and also constantly having plenty of friends from England). Not to mention the tabloids lol.
But yeah, the English friends I did have did think they were a joke but they were still in favor of keeping them around for tradition's sake.

try this

the british monarchy is like the us president. What would happen if you didn't have 1?

Our thrown has been with us ever since england became. So there is no way it is ever leaving. Like i said before its england's birth right.

the monarch provides the UK with a figurehead, but not a political leader. thier job is basically to inspire the people. getting rid of this figurehead could have quite a negative effect on the morale of the people, unless an alternate figurehead was established (ie, they because a republic) the monarchy isn't like the us president, as such, if the US didn't have the pres, they wouldn't have a political leader as well, which is different as if the UK didn't have the monarchy, they could still function (abeit limitly) due to the PM

Re: like

Anya1982 said:
ok so its noted : queen leaves, Tony Blaire takes control....................UK goes down the drain!!

Blair's already in control anyway. What you have to think about is whether the tourism generated and whether the kind of uniqueness of our Royal Family that is envied by many countries is worth the amount of money they cost to us taxpayers.

he is right

Queen still has a rule over Tony Blaire. If she doesn't like something she has the power to stop him doing it.

But she never does

and the queen, (via the GG) can do the same thing down here. i imagine it would be the same in NZ and through most of the commonwealth. when was the last time she acted to remove the leader? gough whitlam??(although that wasn't entirely her, it was mainly kerr

long live the queen

she's too old (god bless her) for this sort of thing now. I think the thrown should be held up until a certain age like OAP/pension age!

Not to dishonour this but it seems like she is not fully up on common affairs or can't be asked.

Well I'm sure quite soon it'll be time for a changing of the crown. But yes, the Royal Family DOES serve a function. A minor one in terms of governmental systems but still they do hold some power. If the government, in any case, starts to ignore the public, the public can still turn to the crown to pressure the government. If the government don't answer to the crown... I think they would lose their legitimacy.

maybe?

It's a plain and simple CATCH 22

If your not careful you could be done with Mutiny.

More than 1 person goes to complain its counted as mutiny!!

Sounds stupid but you have to watch your back when it comes to higher authorities[/i][/b]

Bah you know how bureaucracies are. They're experts are survival both at the organizational level and individual level. They're usually an organization's thorn in the side but are neccessary to get the papers through. Often the most inefficient bunch in the world that only start to work when you name a "higher up" and that you have "spoken with" that person about "it." lol
Wait, so if someone went to the crown in complaint of the government it would be mutiny?

have to say

if a group of you went to the Crown or any high rank to complain about "some1/something" of relevance, all together thats mutiny. If you all went but went in 1 at a time to complian then thats not mutiny.

Back