The British Monarchy

Which is becoming Political Uncorrect in America now....

However that makes sense It is a pledge of alligiance to the Nation.

O lord the Kings and Queens have been very unpleaseing around the world for centureys.

:roll:

i dont know about god stuff..
but they say god save queen i think to encourage themselves something...

part of dinvine monarcy 's culture

hmmmmmmmmmmm

the british monarchy has been up and down fro 100's of yrs................i mean you look at the terror it has caused.........................James 1t was plotted to be killed due to fact him be originally born a catholic but being withheld of it from elizabeth 1st and brought up as a prod. so mr. guyflaks plotted revenger as james 1st wouldn't take the supression off the catholic laws that were being withheld against the catholic church.............
this boils down to henry 8th hating catholicism...................
elizabeth had mary queen of scots.................so elizabeth 1st wouldn't be over thrown by a scot!

so you look at the corruption that lead at least 100's down our thrown lol

Till victoria 1st came into play....................50yrs ruling and the mother of elizabeth 2's father (can't rem his name lol) so in reality the royal family ruling are a different blood line that started at victoria 1st.

I think I may be corrected very soon on this lol

Either way ngland have had a thrown for who can remember and it has be a status that has always been respected whether or not theyhave done the wrong thing through out life! So you take awya the thrown you take away alot of people's faith and heritage.................

If that makes sense....................for americans its like taking away your forfathers or what they are called...............sorry my usa history is not that good lol

Yeah it i s forfathers, it would probably be equell to Ben Franklin,George Washington,Thimas Jefferson,Hamilton,and Adams.

Isn't God save the queen their Royal Anthem. Also They stay around because there a consyitutional monarchy which means that they actually have a lot of duties.

The British monarchy will likely last a good deal longer. Many may not be so enamoured with Prince Charles, but his sons certainly have inherited the good will their mother engendered. Bit of a flap right now about Prince Harry's choice of wear for a costume party. Probably a bad choice but sheesh he's just a kid. Not like he wears it every day. I'm sure there's no contoversy over where his political sympathies lie so seems like a tempest in a teapot to me. These kinds of things seem to be the bulk of what we hear about the royals in the States. Much a do about nothing to borrow from Shakespeare. They are Britain's paramount celebrities that's all there is to it. Nice to keep a history. Nothing wrong with that. Seems to me that though as MichaelO pointed out they do have some power, it is well enough limited. The people determine the country's control in the end.

monarchy ain't going

our monarchy has been round since america was even thought of being sniffed out.

Viking kings ruled then went on to romans then the whole line of author then people like henry 8th, elizabeth 1ts vicoria 1st mary queen of scots....

A line that has been around since and before england ever became britian and UK, I don't think the monarchy will ever go

PLAbuddy said:
they had a referandum something in austrlia a few years ago about wether they should establish republic and abandon british monary..

but at the end , queen side won..
that shows ppl still adore the royal familiy and loves this tradition..

:god save the queen

New zealand will ditch the monarchy before australia does...next five ten years is my guess

yeah forgot

ahhhhhhh nooooooooo now prince william is due to thrown then harry so we have a while before prince harry has a laugh with the Nazi signs again!!

Prince William's son or daughter supposing he ever has any. So far he's unwed and has no children. Prince Harry is next after him in the line of succession until his brother has a family.

Personally, I think Prince William is a sure sign that the monarchy will continue. Prince Charles may be unpopular with many but I think everybody realizes that by the time he succeeds his mother he'll be rather old and as men live usually shorter lives he won't be on the throne that long. King Edward VII is a case for that idea. Prince William has his mother's charisma and his father's lineage. He'll keep the monarchy alive a good deal longer. I doubt it's going away at any time anyway, but when you have that kind of appeal in the line of succession, there's little doubt it will continue.

Back