The British Monarchy

Darcia said:
I think if the Parliment and PM tried they could end the reign of the Monarchy....

If the PM did that then it would probably be seen as him trying to be president and becomng the most powerful person in the country. I cant se it happening, Read what MichaelO said, the PM would have to pass laws for it to succeed and as the queen has to verify all laws passed it would not happen. All the people who support the Monarchy would rise up and he wouldnt last long in office, he would have to become a dictator for it to happen.

Never say never, the monarchy could die off are something like that.

However eventualy I think the British monarchy will fade away.

Monarchy wil never die off.............the blood line is too long...............its gonna be there for ever like it has been the last god knows 500 yrs long

Did you meen Inbreed? I am not sure However they could kill off the monarchy like they did in France

How could they be inbreed? elizabeth is half greek and half british/germany/polish..............if you get my drift.

From what I have understtod from some of these post they deny alot of power to the PM to make him a full fledged ruler of a Nation, such as Declaring war and making peace.

yep

god the amount of debt the queen mother left behind when she died makes most of us look good lol. This is what the queen has to pay offnow...............god bless her soul

they had a referandum something in austrlia a few years ago about wether they should establish republic and abandon british monary..

but at the end , queen side won..
that shows ppl still adore the royal familiy and loves this tradition..

:god save the queen

Back