The British Monarchy - Page 11

--
Boots

January 25th, 2005  
r031Button

Topic: Re: yeah forgot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya1982
ahhhhhhh nooooooooo now prince william is due to thrown then harry so we have a while before prince harry has a laugh with the Nazi signs again!!
I have a sincere hope HRH gets a jewish Sgt Major in Sandhurst
January 25th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: this is it

Prince Charles won't get the thrown. He has put the crown into disgrace plus if he marries camilla parker bowles he'll never get eire lol

Either way prince william is due up and he will do a rather good job i reckon!!

Has the personality of his mother
January 25th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Prince Charles was a rather unfortunate guy in that he and Diana probably never got along from the start.
Personally I felt Diana was meddling in other people's affairs maybe a little too much for someone in her position. She should have toned it down.
Prince William is a good hope for a fresh new start I think... even though he's made some odd antics he can get away with the "awww I was young and foolish" excuse

Hey, I did live under the crown a bit with my many years in Hong Kong
--
Boots
January 25th, 2005  
Charge 7

You don't seriously think the Royals will allow Prince Charles to be bypassed do you? Not gonna happen IMO. Time will tell though.
January 25th, 2005  
A Can of Man

I think Prince Charles being bypassed is pretty much a settled thing at this point.
January 25th, 2005  
redcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
I think Prince Charles being bypassed is pretty much a settled thing at this point.
Prince Charles can't be bypassed, its in the small print
The only way either of his sons could take over while he was still alive, would be only if he stepped down in favour of them.
January 25th, 2005  
A Can of Man

I think there's enormous pressure for him to do just that though.
Who knows, maybe for once he might actually prove that he has *some* balls.
January 25th, 2005  
Darcia

I know alot of people here in the states that don't want Prince Charles to take throne, but I also know alot of people here who don't think the British need a Royal Family either.
January 25th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Well it's just a part of tradition really.
Again well those were the impressions I felt about Prince Charles (after living under the Crown for a few years and also constantly having plenty of friends from England). Not to mention the tabloids lol.
But yeah, the English friends I did have did think they were a joke but they were still in favor of keeping them around for tradition's sake.
January 26th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: try this

the british monarchy is like the us president. What would happen if you didn't have 1?

Our thrown has been with us ever since england became. So there is no way it is ever leaving. Like i said before its england's birth right.