The British Monarchy - Page 10

--
Boots

January 14th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: monarchy ain't going

our monarchy has been round since america was even thought of being sniffed out.

Viking kings ruled then went on to romans then the whole line of author then people like henry 8th, elizabeth 1ts vicoria 1st mary queen of scots....

A line that has been around since and before england ever became britian and UK, I don't think the monarchy will ever go
January 14th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAbuddy
they had a referandum something in austrlia a few years ago about wether they should establish republic and abandon british monary..

but at the end , queen side won..
that shows ppl still adore the royal familiy and loves this tradition..

:god save the queen

New zealand will ditch the monarchy before australia does...next five ten years is my guess
January 17th, 2005  
Darcia

I would like to see what will happen when a nation finaly does leave the queen behind.
--
Boots
January 17th, 2005  
r031Button

I like the idea of Monarchy; it means there is a higher, human, authority then government.
January 17th, 2005  
beardo

never thought of it that way
January 18th, 2005  
Darcia

That is a new way of looking at it....
January 24th, 2005  
Strongbow

Prince Harry and the Monarchy??????

May God save us!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 24th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: yeah forgot

ahhhhhhh nooooooooo now prince william is due to thrown then harry so we have a while before prince harry has a laugh with the Nazi signs again!!
January 25th, 2005  
Darcia

Wait won't it be Prince Williams son who gets the throne?
January 25th, 2005  
Charge 7

Prince William's son or daughter supposing he ever has any. So far he's unwed and has no children. Prince Harry is next after him in the line of succession until his brother has a family.

Personally, I think Prince William is a sure sign that the monarchy will continue. Prince Charles may be unpopular with many but I think everybody realizes that by the time he succeeds his mother he'll be rather old and as men live usually shorter lives he won't be on the throne that long. King Edward VII is a case for that idea. Prince William has his mother's charisma and his father's lineage. He'll keep the monarchy alive a good deal longer. I doubt it's going away at any time anyway, but when you have that kind of appeal in the line of succession, there's little doubt it will continue.