BRitish black musket flints and madsen mags muliti calber mags

--

March 2nd, 2016  
gunny100

Topic: BRitish black musket flints and madsen mags muliti calber mags

delete delete
March 9th, 2016  
Remington 1858

I don't know what happened with the post about British musket flints, But as someone who shoots antique and blackpowder firearms, I can say that British musket flints are considered the best.
During the American Revolutionary War, The patriots, ( that's us Yanks) were handicapped by the fact that there isn't any flint in the U.S. Wrong geology. We have chert, which is similar and agate which will also strike a spark, but those materials are not as good as flint.
When you are fighting with flintlock firearms, you need good gun flints. The Redcoats had the best British flints. The materials used by the Americans would frequently shatter after one shot!
British gun flints are still imported into the U.S. for use by antique firearms enthusiasts and a musket flint costs the equivalent of 2.75 Euros.
September 12th, 2016  
gunny100

Topic: British black musket flints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington 1858
I don't know what happened with the post about British musket flints, But as someone who shoots antique and blackpowder firearms, I can say that British musket flints are considered the best.
During the American Revolutionary War, The patriots, ( that's us Yanks) were handicapped by the fact that there isn't any flint in the U.S. Wrong geology. We have chert, which is similar and agate which will also strike a spark, but those materials are not as good as flint.
When you are fighting with flintlock firearms, you need good gun flints. The Redcoats had the best British flints. The materials used by the Americans would frequently shatter after one shot!
British gun flints are still imported into the U.S. for use by antique firearms enthusiasts and a musket flint costs the equivalent of 2.75 Euros.
I sellem on ebay
apple201456@yahoo.com
--
November 4th, 2016  
Hutchie

I don't know how North American flints compare to English ones, but the Indians managed quite well making arrow heads from it.
December 15th, 2016  
gunny100

Topic: British musket flints for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny100
I sellem on ebay
apple201456@yahoo.com
I got a large flate rate priority mail boxs full
for sale and if any one is instrested in buying all them i will count them
asking 1.50 each obo

1.50 prise must buy whole boxs full

free shiping to the lower 48 states in the united states of america
USA

please email me if your instrested\
K_boltz2@comcast.net

thank you
tim
December 17th, 2016  
Remington 1858

Thanks for the offer Gunny, but I no longer shoot flintlocks. I switched over to the more "modern" percussion revolvers like the Remington and Colt Navy.