British Air Force's Largest Airshow - Waddington International Air Show

powerfulguy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf3Ne8yTnPg"]KIA T-50 Black Eagles Korea Waddington Air Show 2012 - YouTube[/ame]
The Waddinton Air Show, British Air Force's largest air show, took place on 30 June and 1 July 2012, celebrating the centenary of both the RAF's Central Flying School and Military Aviation in UK. The Air show attracts over 140,000 visitors and representatives of Air Forces from all around the world. The flying display gained international acclaim.
This year the ROK Air Force participated.
Black Eagles...
The specail air force team that operates T-50B derived from the Korean made supersonic advanced jet trainer T-50.
The team displayed on-air performances for the first time in an international air show. They performed splendidly well, and gained accolades from the visitors. In order to celebrate their debut performance, they co-performed with the UK special air force team Red Arrows.
The debut performance of Black Eagles was awesome, and we hope they can participate in other international air shows.

Waddington Air Show : Every year, 10 countries from the world, 140,000 visiotrs parcipate, UK Air Force's largest air show

RIAT : world's largest military air show, held annually over the third weekend in July, where 20 countries participate, and 200,000 spectators visit

Farnborough Airshow : a seven-day international trade fair for the aerospace industry, which is organized by ADS Group Limited, a British aerospace industry organization, where 40 countries, and 1,500 exhibitors and 150,000 trade visitors participate

In the 70's and 80's I visited lots of airshows. To me the best was Farnborough, then Le Bourget and third Hannover. Loved the Red Arrows, very graceful back then.

I went to Farnborough when I was a young'un, it was when the English Electric Canberra had just come into service, all I can remember is the aeroplane being all black.

My first operational station in the RAF was RAF Odiham in Hamphire which isn't that far from Farnborough. On a number of occasions I had to visit the place on duty picking up or delivering equipment. It was interesting stuff.

Another good air show in UK is Duxford, Douglas Baders's old station. There were always flying displays if the weather is good, there are also static displays of vehicles, aircraft, guns and lots more. If you are ever in the UK its well worth a visit.

Last edited:
Back