Britain's Prince Harry in Afghanistan

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
I knew it..... Good for him...

Britain's Prince Harry has been serving on the front line in Afghanistan, CNN confirms.

Prince Harry

Prince Harry has turned up in Afghanistan fighting the Taliban and it appears he has been out there for while

Prince Harry has turned up in Afghanistan fighting the Taliban and it appears he has been out there for while

Yep, seems the MoD isn't happy that the news is out though.

Prince Harry in Taleban fighting

The prince's deployment was subject to a news blackout
Prince Harry on patrol Prince Harry has been fighting the Taleban on the front line in Afghanistan, the MoD has confirmed. Harry, 23, who is third in line to the throne, has spent the last 10 weeks serving in Helmand Province.
The prince joked about his nickname "the bullet magnet", but said: "I finally get the chance to do the soldiering that I want to do."
The deployment was subject to a news blackout deal, which broke down after being leaked by foreign media.

Chief of the General Staff Sir Richard Dannatt, who is head of the British Army, said he was disappointed the news had leaked.

It's very nice to be sort of a normal person for once
Prince Harry
Harry on Afghan life
In a statement, he said: "I am very disappointed that foreign websites have decided to run this story without consulting us.
"This is in stark contrast to the highly responsible attitude that the whole of the UK print and broadcast media, along with a small number overseas, who have entered into an understanding with us over the coverage of Prince Harry on operations."
Prime Minister Gordon Brown said Prince Harry had been an "exemplary solider".
"The whole of Britain will be proud of the outstanding service he is giving," he said.
"I want to thank Prince Harry and all of our service personnel for their contribution and service."
'No showers'
Prince Harry - a member of the Household Cavalry - has been based in a former madrassa along with a Gurkha regiment, in southern Helmand.
He is acting as a tactical air controller - calling up allied air cover in support of ground forces.
He also goes out on foot patrols.
In an interview while in the Afghan province, Harry talked about life as a soldier on the front line.
"I haven't really had a shower for four days, I haven't washed my clothes for a week.
"It's very nice to be sort of a normal person for once, I think it's about as normal as I'm going to get.
"I am still a little bit conscious of the fact that if I show my face too much in and around the area - luckily there's no civilians around here because it's...a no-man's land.

Prince Harry is very proud to serve his country on operations alongside his fellow soldiers
Prince of Wales's spokesman

"But I think that if, up north, when I do go up there, if I do go on patrols in amongst the locals, I'll still be very wary about the fact that I do need to keep my face slightly covered just on the off-chance that I do get recognised, which will put other guys in danger.
"The Gurkhas think it's hysterical how I am called the 'bullet magnet', but they've yet to see why."
The deployment comes after the prince's planned tour to Iraq last year had to be cancelled because of a security risk.
Speaking ahead of this tour, Harry spoke of his relief over the mission.
He said he felt: "a bit of excitement, a bit of phew, finally, [to] get the chance to actually do the soldiering that I wanted to do ever since I joined really."
The Prince of Wales's communications secretary, Paddy Harverson, said: "Prince Harry is very proud to serve his country on operations alongside his fellow soldiers and to do the job he has been trained for."

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/in_depth/7269743.stm

Britain's Prince Harry in Afghanistan (AP)

AP - Prince Harry has been serving on the front line in Afghanistan with the British Army, calling in airstrikes on Taliban positions and going out on foot patrols, the Ministry of Defense announced Thursday.

More...

There's hope for the future of the Monarchy yet!!

Good on ya' Harry, and a pat on the back for the hierarchy who arranged for him to go.

Yeah, plus the Bush twins aren't in the military, and one of them are lawyer and teacher.

Anyway, good to hear that he finally deploy to the combat.

This is currently a huge news story here in the UK:

Prince Harry's Seeing Combat, And British Media Kept Quiet

[SIZE=-1](Washington Post)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
Prince Harry has been fighting on the front lines in Afghanistan for 10 weeks, his presence there kept secret until Thursday in a remarkable deal...[/SIZE]British military officials confirmed that Harry, 23, third in line to the British throne, deployed to Afghanistan on Dec. 14 and has been fighting Taliban forces from a forward operating base in southern Helmand province.

Sorry to say that Harry's presence in Afghanistan was compromised by an American website. I'm very disappointed that a key ally in the war on terror would allow the security of our soldiers to be compromised: I need somebody to pay the Drudge report a visit...to, you know, explain things to them.

lol poor boy just got the biggest bullseye in afghanistan painted on em...

I think its good tho the experiences will make him a better leader in the future.

Sorry to say that Harry's presence in Afghanistan was compromised by an American website. I'm very disappointed that a key ally in the war on terror would allow the security of our soldiers to be compromised: I need somebody to pay the Drudge report a visit...to, you know, explain things to them.

It was Drudge that leaked this? America's leader in reprehensible journalism has struck again! Way to go Matt! Its funny, as hawkish as the rightwing Media is, they are always the one that violate military OPSEC.

What, and you are surprised this was put out by a US website. Big credit should go to the British media for keeping this quiet and its a big shame that he now has to come home.

Back