Britain's Prince Harry in Afghanistan

If I were Harry I would dye my hair black. Hes got to be the only redhead in Afghanistan, he's be a lot more difficult to identify, for the enemy AND the press.

Not quite, but a lot of truth there - in fact those precise attributes are the Scottish identity. The Picts who the Romans had to build Hadrians Wall to keep out, and some Celts.

Add "Deep-fried marsbars" or "deep-fried anything" to those attributes and you've got us down to a tee. Throw some bucky in there for good measure too.

Don't forget about Gask Ridge and the Antonine Wall too, Hadrian's Wall always steals the limelight!

And Iron Bru, and the Argyll's thin red line, and The Barrowland, and the Broomilaw, and the maryhill boys, and the Locarno, and Hell's Last Issue. For the blood leaps in my veins - when i hear the bagpipes playin - Scotland, dear Ol Scotland - forever. Get me a pie supper.

Naah. It always has to be a pint of black and tan with a whisky chaser - and keep em coming.:horsie:

Well, the Jihadists here have threatened him as a target now + The Royals.

Harry himself says that he is no hero at all, that the heroes are those like the two injured soldiers with him on his plane home; one had lost an arm and a leg, the other had taken a shot to the neck and had survived only because his comrades body protected him.

Harry says that he wants to get back there as soon as possible, and also says that if you ask the rest of the troops arriving home they will say the same; they want to get back there to do their job.

to bad we dont have more people in polictically sigificant roles who have seen and done what hes done so far..

Think it gives him a much better prespective of how things really are.

Right Doc - He has already spent time in Africa doing useful work, and he has threatened that if they refuse to send him back on active real soldier action, he will go to Africa and make himself useful there again. He has no interest in becoming a toy soldier.
And he has already been speaking up for the troops, complaining of their rations etc. He says they need bangers and mash and gravy, in bags!

Well, we have every reason to believe that his older brother Wills is of the same stock, and is itching to get some of the same. They are very close. Of course, as heir to the throne, they are trying to restrict him, but Harry now hopes that they will let Wills do his stuff on the front line. These two boys, who were so close to their mother before she was killed, add a new dimension to the German lineage of our Royal Family, because, in fact, their mother Diana descends from the line of Scots and English Kings, the Stuarts of the 17th century, Charles 1 and Charles 11, James etc. Initially Kings of all the clans of Scotland, and then of Britain. Charles 1 was beheaded in the rebellion headed by Oliver Cromwell and we had a Republic of sorts for many years. After Cromwell, Charles 11 was welcomed back the Royals re-established by popular choice and Charles 11 became known as our most popular king ever.

So the lineage of the 2 boys could be said to be more Royal than that of their father.

Harry says he is not comfortable in England as a spare p****, it's the front line army soldiering or he's off to Africa to make himself useful.

Last edited:
Back