Britain's Prince Harry in Afghanistan

Shame that. Well, he was busting a gut to get there, and he made it. He will be well P***** off at the cut off, but big-up Harry I say.
Harry the boy has become Harry the man. I am proud to dub him well and truly and officially - Dirty Harry. I hope he left them with the Agincourt salute.

Shame that. Well, he was busting a gut to get there, and he made it. He will be well P***** off at the cut off, but big-up Harry I say.
Harry the boy has become Harry the man. I am proud to dub him well and truly and officially - Dirty Harry. I hope he left them with the Agincourt salute.

When he takes off his hat/helmet and that red hair shows up he still looks like Harry the Boy who first came into the spotlight at his mother's funeral. Of course when he talks he sounds very English I just want to rub his belly for some reason. Is that weird, that when English people talk I think of a puppy? He actually says blokes, that's what gets me.

Sorry to say that Harry's presence in Afghanistan was compromised by an American website. I'm very disappointed that a key ally in the war on terror would allow the security of our soldiers to be compromised: I need somebody to pay the Drudge report a visit...to, you know, explain things to them.

It's called Freedom of the Press and nothing "we" can do about it. Your ally did nothing to put the Prince at risk, it was a right-wing website that originally broke the story, we have real Freedom of the Press over here and can not censor the media, we can ask for cooperation but going to every "media" outlet and asking them not to report on this would let the cat out of the bag far sooner than leaving them in the dark did.

Last edited:
I think we should no longer guarantee their safety.
Since they sure as heck don't give a damn about the safety of others.

I've always been against embedded reporters and wasting resources to ensure their safety, I prefer the policy in 2003 of putting all the reporters on trucks and then driving them around the Iraq desert without getting anywhere near combat.

With most reporters all that's matters is the story and to hell with trail damage they can leave behind.

Guys,
It might have been a yank website that first broke the news on the internet but. Sadly, and quite disapointingly it was Australia's "New Idea" womens magazine that broke the news leading to everyone finding out.
The same magazine has been coping a pasting here due to the current poor level of investigation prior to running storys. They have been caught out a few times now printing blatant b******t storys and then giving a fake trite apology when brought to task for it.
This magazine once had a very good reputation for running credible storys, but now under its current editor has degenerated into a petty tabloid scandle rag!!!!!
My rant over.
One very disgusted Aussie!

In my battalion it is every blokes dream to go to the 'Ghan', for those who have not been. You don't train during the week to not play on the weekend. I feel sorry for him as man who is rightfully doing his duty for his country, where generations of cowards have stayed in their castles. The United Kingdom and the Commonwealth should be rejoicing that the third in line of the throne is putting his life in risk like thousands of his countryman and allies.

Harry's father said today that Harry was especially knocked back by his sudden removal from Afghanistan because he really wanted to return with his regiment as and when. His father also said that as for himself, he was just relieved to get his son in one piece.

It's called Freedom of the Press and nothing "we" can do about it. Your ally did nothing to put the Prince at risk, it was a right-wing website that originally broke the story, we have real Freedom of the Press over here and can not censor the media, we can ask for cooperation but going to every "media" outlet and asking them not to report on this would let the cat out of the bag far sooner than leaving them in the dark did.

Freedom of the Press to the point where it puts peoples lives in danger doesn't seem that free to me.

the_13th_redneck said:
I think we should no longer guarantee their safety.
Since they sure as heck don't give a damn about the safety of others.
They can't do that, but I think it's a good idea...

LeEnfield said:
With most reporters all that's matters is the story and to hell with trail damage they can leave behind.
Which means they just end up getting in the way, and getting shot. And then they blame the soldiers for them walking into the middle of a street battle. :bang:

Harry's tank unit was fighting with the Ghurka Rifeles and during his time in camp he wore a baseball cap with the USA flag on the front and 'we do bad things to bad people' on the back.

Freedom of the Press to the point where it puts peoples lives in danger doesn't seem that free to me.

But I suppose personal freedoms that don't allow the government to ease drop on suspected terrorists and can possibly lead to people being killed is ok? It's the world we live in, Freedom of the Press is necessary for a society to be truly free, otherwise there is nobody to inform the people of the actions of our government.

Our press has striven valiantly over a decade to save us from going down with a sinking ship. Unfortunately a befuddled electorate has been asleep and government too strong continues to completely ignore and disrespect both commonsense and the wishes of the people. The politicians response to 'we have no bread' is 'That so -we have plenty and we want more. And we know how to get it - we vote for it - so screw you . You want the referendum we promised in our Manifesto - forget it.'

Wallibies................You said that generations of them had stayed at home safe in their castles..........King Georges V1 brother the Duke Of York died in WW2, Queen Elizabeth the Queen mothers brother was killed in WW1. Queen Elizabeth 2 served in uniform as a driver in WW2 in the Home counties, not quite the front line but you stood a chance of getting strafed or bombed, then Andrew went to war in the Falklands, is this what you meant by sitting at home in their Castles

Back