Britain wants to restart Assange talks with Ecuador

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain said on Sunday it remained committed to reaching a diplomatic solution to the presence of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in Ecuador's London embassy, after both countries took steps to defuse a row over his action in taking refuge there. Assange has been living in the embassy's cramped quarters for more than two months since fleeing there to avoid extradition to Sweden, where he is wanted for questioning over rape and sexual assault allegations. ...

More...

I reckon the SAS should go in and drag the bugger out kicking and screaming and too hell with diplomacy. The man is an accused sex offender, let him face his accusers.

I reckon the SAS should go in and drag the bugger out kicking and screaming and too hell with diplomacy. The man is an accused sex offender, let him face his accusers.

Ah well, even Swedes have problems taking those "sex offender" accusations seriously.
The abnorm focus on the Assange-case is a grim contrast to the normal procedures in such cases....

He has previously been told by Swedish authorities that there was no case to answer. It was only after US intervention that the "case" was re opened.

I can't ever recall a similar case having caused this much fuss even locally, let alone internationally. I'd say it's blatantly obvious what's going on.

Last edited:
Some Swedes are furious as there are sex-offenders and flat-out rapists who walk the streets in Sweden untouched by the authorities, while the Assange-case is making the headlines.

Back