Britain Sells Arms to Iran

phoenix80

Banned
Britain Sells Arms to Iran

11/1/06 | MENL

LONDON [MENL] -- The British government has acknowledged arms sales to Iran and Syria.

A British Foreign Office report said the government has granted licenses for dual-use equipment to Iran and Syria. The report said the exports include components and technology that could be used by the militaries of the two Middle East states.

The human rights report asserted that Iran spent about $350 million, or 180.5 million British pounds, on a range of British dual-use systems. The Foreign Office cited aircraft engines, machine tools and chemicals.

The Foreign Office said Syria has ordered nearly $200,000 worth of dual-use items from Britain, including chemicals as well as technology to produce toxins. The purchases were said to have taken place between October and December 2005.

http://www.menewsline.com/stories/2006/november/11_02_1.html

Boooo! Bad Allies.

Hell it's England. I will allow them to get away with this. At least they ain't Red China or France.

And now the British government wants to cut and run after they supply these bastards... :cen: that.

Boooo! Bad Allies.

Hell it's England. I will allow them to get away with this. At least they ain't Red China or France.

It is wrong and immoral to sell any thing to these criminals in Iran. It ain't matter if it is British doing it or Chinese. It's wrong.

Those arms will end up some where in Iraq or Afghanistan killing coalition forces. The thing is that most people think UK government has special relationship with the Mullahs of Iran.

did i read that right? they sold them chemicals and machinery to make toxins? that is real good. way to go Britain.

I wonder why anyone would think that??

It can well be a conspiracy theory but most Iranians thinks British government helped topple the late Shah of Iran in 1979 and brought these criminal clerics to power.

It is also true that they never cut their ties with Iranian regime in the past 26 yrs and they enjoy trade relations with each other.

now thats just plain stupid. chemicals and other components used to produce toxins? they must be going looney:sarc:

It is just madness; it's part of a system which seems to profit both from selling gear to (essentially) outlaw states, and then profits from war with these states. Of course there is a lot of it going around (witness Donald Rumsfeld's trips to Iraq, as part of a previous administration).

So far, I'm pleased to see that the European Union has kept its sanity and not lifted the arms embargo on PR China (despite French and German pressure).

Back