Britain overtakes US - Page 2

--
Boots

November 28th, 2007  
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
An interesting detail, which is not touched yet, is that Holland scored lowest in this survey. Although we are being criticized for our "soft" laws on drugs, we have a very low number of drug-deaths. Our kids smoke the least and coke usage is also very low. The Amsterdam chief of Police ret. and a high profile politician stated that the legalisation of soft drugs should be researched, because the cost of hunting drugs is enormous. The strain on the Dutch DEA is enormous and the results are minimal. So why not aim at hard drugs where one can still make a serious effort?
It's not as cool if it's not illegal...
November 29th, 2007  
A Can of Man

I think I mentioned that somewhere else on the board. Not sure.
But you also forgot one thing. Amsterdam Centraal Station itself is a drug deterrent!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
An interesting detail, which is not touched yet, is that Holland scored lowest in this survey. Although we are being criticized for our "soft" laws on drugs, we have a very low number of drug-deaths. Our kids smoke the least and coke usage is also very low. The Amsterdam chief of Police ret. and a high profile politician stated that the legalisation of soft drugs should be researched, because the cost of hunting drugs is enormous. The strain on the Dutch DEA is enormous and the results are minimal. So why not aim at hard drugs where one can still make a serious effort?
November 29th, 2007  
Wallabies

The Australian dollar used to be 49 cents to the green back. I went to the US when it was 67 cents and even that hurt.
--
Boots
November 29th, 2007  
The Other Guy

It's hurting the americans leaving the country. Everyone else is paying more or less the same price, but suddenly that's way more for americans. I went to Canada 2 summers ago, and it was REALLY expensive due to the weakness of the dollar.
November 30th, 2007  
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
I think I mentioned that somewhere else on the board. Not sure.
But you also forgot one thing. Amsterdam Centraal Station itself is a drug deterrent!!!
Hahahaha, when was the last time you visited our fine central station? It has been under construction for almost the last two years and it starts to look fine again! Now all we have to do is wait for them damn foreignors which come to spend there near worthless dollar in our capital's botanical industry.
Can't you guys somehow detain in your country? We can ship their needs via UPC or FedEx...
November 30th, 2007  
A Can of Man

That's okay. Amsterdam wouldn't be what it is without the odd street lunatic or two.
I think the last time I went to Amsterdam was... geez it was a long time ago. Almost ten years ago I think.