Britain bids farewell to "Iron Lady" Thatcher at grand funeral

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
By Andrew Osborn and Sarah Young LONDON (Reuters) - Britain gave Margaret Thatcher its grandest political funeral in half a century on Wednesday as her flag-draped coffin was borne through central London on a horse-drawn gun carriage, though a few boos were a reminder of her divisive rule and legacy. In an event comparable to Winston Churchill's funeral in 1965, the Queen joined top British and foreign politicians past and present to pay her final respects to the "Iron Lady" who - for better or for ill - transformed the country. ...

More...

An ex miner who the day she died stated, "She's only been in hell for 20 minutes and already shut down 20 furnaces.

I have never known a British politician who was and still is as hated as much as Thatcher.

Well,... she certainly gained immortality, but for all the wrong reasons.

I was told the only reason she wanted to be cremated was so that the working people of Britain couldn't p!ss on her grave.

I'm not joking!

I know your not joking, there are millions who want to p!ss on her grave. No doubt there will be some sort of memorial for her, If its not crapped on, p!ssed on or torn down within days of being erected I will be very surprised.

As I said before, I have never known a British politician who was and still is as hated as much as Thatcher, not even Neville Chamberlin and his "Peace in our time" debacle.

Last edited:
Back