Bring Democray to the middle East?

Doc.S

Hello

War is a great tool to make things really happen and take place, prowen beyond all doubt 2001-2003. But I really dont think that this great dream of democray can really happen down there in the middle east. Why? Well take a look around on this forum and you get the picture. Democray and peaceful messures to make elections and a lasting democracy in the middle east will not happen or be possible I think.

The west has great dreams of Utopia as always. Look at the Roman empire look at Adolf Hitler, look at Stalin, I really dont think it is necessary to bring the history up here. More resent events is Libanon, Israel vs Palestina and so on. I think democray is a thing that can only manage to work in the West to be honest or countries really close to the west.

We are simply to different in cultures and religions and the people itselfe makes this clear I think. Sure it would be great with a big world with democray everywhere you turn. But hey I am only realistic. If they would like to have democray in those countries that we are trying to make democrays I think they should have done as Turky. It is a good example of west and east I think. We have different types of democracys and so on in this little part of devoloped countries that still excists today.

As I mention in the beginning of this message ---- War is a great tool to make things really happen and take place. Sincerly I dont belive that the rest of the Middle East will follow Afghanistan or Iraq in any democratic way at all. The countries left are ruled by fundamentalists as some of our own countries in a matter of 10-15 years also will be. I love democray I really do, but I think that democracy still is a western way of thinking and far from a universal thought around the globe.

And I also believe that some of our democracys eventually will fall like Rome, just because of our opend societiys and that is hard to believe, but hey we didnt think anybody eventually would fly two big planes and make buildings fall appart either. So I say. "Jippi Kay Yey MF!" ;)

What do you believe?

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

No, I believe every ethnic and religious group can have freedom.

That, certain people are just naturally born with a totalitarian set of rules lodged in their mind is pretty naive to me. I don't think it is wise to bend to the extremist view of Islam and brush it off as a crazy region without hope.

Sometimes I don't know.
It'll be nice if everyone had it of course but the way environment and nurture affects people can have a very different effect.
The question is: who's freedom?
When your clan has total control, then you are free. When the enemy clan wins, they are free. So eventually they just end up fighting until some side wins. The old way really.
It's just a world of crazy hurt to try to convince these people that you can share freedom. It kind of means that you have to sacrifice some of your wishes to meet the wishes of others but I guess then it goes to the field of greed.

Back