Brigadier General Paul Tibbets dies at 92 (Enola Gay Pilot)

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Brigadier General Paul Tibbets, who piloted the B-29 bomber Enola Gay that dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, died Today (Nov 1 2007). He was 92 and insisted for six decades after the war that he had no regrets about the mission and slept just fine at night.

Tibbets died at his Columbus home. He suffered from a variety of health problems and had been in decline for two months.

Tibbets had requested no funeral and no headstone, fearing it would provide his detractors with a place to protest, said Gerry Newhouse, a longtime friend. Tibbets wanted to be cremated, and have his ashes dispersed into the waters of the English Channel.

Rest in Peace
Brigadier General Paul Tibbets
United States Air Force
February 23, 1915 – November 1, 2007

smiley_salute.gif

Brigadier General Paul Tibbets - "I'm proud that I was able to start with nothing, plan it and have it work as perfectly as it did... I sleep clearly every night".

Brigadier General Paul Tibbets - “If you give me the same circumstances, hell yeah, I'd do it again.”

Rest easy sir. Its a sad testament he felt he needed to go without memorial. He deserves better.

You can say the same for Ataturk as well.
General George Washington... or just about anyone who's been involved in war.

Yes you are rite. But Ataturk did not drop a nuclear bomb on the civilians . But you are rite he served for his country and did his best.

Whether you drop an atomic bomb or take part in a firebombing raid that kills even more people (and doesn't even end the war) ... people die in war. Sucks but that's life.

Well The Japanese were not to fussy just how many people that they killed when they were winning the war, nor did they acknowledge any of the International treaties that were around at that time. They raped and pillaged China killing millions, but still that was when they were winning, they did the same in Korea, but even today they wont acknowledge what they did in these countries. All they can do is to blame the Americans for what happened to them

RIP, General Tibbets. You saved a lot of Marines, including my great uncle, from the invasion of Japan.

Back