Brett Favre

As a hardcore Cowboys fan, here's my answer; let him back and play one more season. He played fabulous, without a doubt.

Last edited:
C'mon TOG, I'm not that bad.

If Favre came back it will just delay what Green Bay has to do which is to find and develop it's starting QB for the next 10 years. Although, he could be an asset if we were to come back as a QB coach.

C'mon TOG, I'm not that bad.

If Favre came back it will just delay what Green Bay has to do which is to find and develop it's starting QB for the next 10 years. Although, he could be an asset if we were to come back as a QB coach.

I agree completely I could even see him as a bench player during that time but Green Bay have to move on sometime so the sooner the better.

Besides I think it best that he go out at the top of his game and last season was a damn good season for him.

blasphemy

:sniper:blasphemy.
hes is without a doubt top3 if not not the best qb in the history of the game. if he wants to play, why not let em.

^^^ Bollocks. There are MANY more talented quarterbacks than Brett Favre... I'd give him top 10, but nothing more. No where CLOSE to the best one to play the game though. And quite honestly, he's played abysmally these past few seasons... It's time to hand down the torch, Favre. Let the Tom Brady's and the Peyton Manning's take over.

:sniper:blasphemy.
hes is without a doubt top3 if not not the best qb in the history of the game.
No way.

He doesn't even crack my top ten.

John Elway, Dan Marino, Steve Young, John Unitas, Joe Montana, Sid Luckman, Sammy Baugh, Roger Staubach, Bart Starr, YA Tittle, heck even Peyton Manning, they're all better than Favre.

(PS those are in no order)

Last year everyone waited until preseason to bash Favre. Why the speed up? Afraid he will retire and not be around to bash during the next preseason?

No... As patience grows small, tempers grow large... That's the way these things work... We're getting tired of seeing a face appear and re-appear and then not perform to the standards of the day... When Brett can break the amount of records Tom Brady has in a single season, let me know, and I'll advocate him staying in the game. Till then, get the hell out.

No... As patience grows small, tempers grow large... That's the way these things work... We're getting tired of seeing a face appear and re-appear and then not perform to the standards of the day... When Brett can break the amount of records Tom Brady has in a single season, let me know, and I'll advocate him staying in the game. Till then, get the hell out.

Not aware Tom Brady broke any records this season.

Not this season, but he holds plenty in a relatively short (when in comparison to Favre) playing career.
Ah, I don't think Brady's all he's hopped up to be either.

I watched him get thouroughly outperformed by Joe Germaine during his Junior year at Michigan. He's just the perfect yes-man for Belichick.

Not this season, but he holds plenty in a relatively short (when in comparison to Favre) playing career.

While I think Tom Brady is a great quarterback he is very unlikely to break any of these records.

The league's all-time leader in virtually every significant passing category - touchdowns (442), completions (5,377), attempts (8,758 )and yards (61,655), all previously held by the prolific Dan Marino
With 160 victories at quarterback, ranks first all-time, having surpassed John Elway (148 ).
(above does not include 2008 season).

I don't know who is the best Quarterback all time but Favre deserves to be in the Top Ten.

Also ranked as the ninth-best player in 'NFL Player of the Century' voting, conducted on nfl.com during the 1999 season.

This was before breaking Dan Marinos records above.

QB

I always felt Dan Marino was the best pure thrower and did it on weaker teams and little or no running game. He even had average TE really no standouts over the years and did it with mainly 2 WR.

The game was different with the some of the older names on that list they might have been great throwers as well but wouldn't have gotten the chance.

John Elway won it all when his team got a ground game not on his arm strength, which was out this world.

Joe Montana out of all the names listed might have played on the best balance teams on both sides of the ball for a run there. Nothing much could be said bad about him kind of the route Brandy was going before getting hurt.

Favre was better then just good but he had a ground game most of the time helping him, Marino never had that and it took him many more years of playing to break some of those records.

Peyton reminds of Marino more then most not his throwing style but his drive and how he reads the defenses so quickly. Marino never got enough recognition for reading the coverage so quick, you can't teach that.

Back