Brett Favre

While I think Tom Brady is a great quarterback he is very unlikely to break any of these records.

The league's all-time leader in virtually every significant passing category - touchdowns (442), completions (5,377), attempts (8,758 )and yards (61,655), all previously held by the prolific Dan Marino
With 160 victories at quarterback, ranks first all-time, having surpassed John Elway (148 ).
(above does not include 2008 season).

I don't know who is the best Quarterback all time but Favre deserves to be in the Top Ten.

Also ranked as the ninth-best player in 'NFL Player of the Century' voting, conducted on nfl.com during the 1999 season.

This was before breaking Dan Marinos records above.
Favre had been to a Super Bowl two years before; a year before that he won one.

People made a big deal out of Rich Gannon too...

While I think Tom Brady is a great quarterback he is very unlikely to break any of these records.

The league's all-time leader in virtually every significant passing category - touchdowns (442), completions (5,377), attempts (8,758 )and yards (61,655), all previously held by the prolific Dan Marino
With 160 victories at quarterback, ranks first all-time, having surpassed John Elway (148 ).
(above does not include 2008 season).

I don't know who is the best Quarterback all time but Favre deserves to be in the Top Ten.

Also ranked as the ninth-best player in 'NFL Player of the Century' voting, conducted on nfl.com during the 1999 season.

This was before breaking Dan Marinos records above.
In addition to seeing TOG's last post that FURTHER debunks your great layout of Favre's performance during his extremely long tenure as a quarterback... (Tom Brady hasn't been on the field in the NFL half as long) I'll have you note that I did give him "Top 10" status.

Just a side note... How many rings does Favre have? (SuperBowl rings)

Favre had been to a Super Bowl two years before; a year before that he won one.

People made a big deal out of Rich Gannon too...

In addition to seeing TOG's last post that FURTHER debunks your great layout of Favre's performance during his extremely long tenure as a quarterback... (Tom Brady hasn't been on the field in the NFL half as long) I'll have you note that I did give him "Top 10" status.

Not sure how TOG's post debunks the records I quoted as they can easily be verified at nfl.com. So if you rate Favre in your Top Ten why would you think TOG's post debunks Favre's accomplishments? Or, are you just Flaming me for expressing my opinion?

As far as Rich Gannon is concerned I wouldn't disagree with what TOG said.

Just a side note... How many rings does Favre have? (SuperBowl rings)

Apparently you didn't read TOG's post or you would know that Brett Favre has one Super Bowl ring. With all your obviously vast knowledge of Professional Football I would have thought you would have known this.

Quote Rob Henderson:
"When Brett can break the amount of records Tom Brady has in a single season, let me know, and I'll advocate him staying in the game. Till then, get the hell out."

Brett Favre coming back or not, it will be along time if ever, that Tom Brady can match the consistency of Favre's play. I am not knocking Tom Brady, as I have all ready said he has been a great quarterback for New England.

Not sure how TOG's post debunks the records I quoted as they can easily be verified at nfl.com. So if you rate Favre in your Top Ten why would you think TOG's post debunks Favre's accomplishments? Or, are you just Flaming me for expressing my opinion?
The fact that there are others who have accomplished more than he has when it comes to playing the game... No matter what records he has, 18 seasons dilutes the accomplishment because there are others who have performed and achieved more in a smaller amount of time. I didn't mean debunk as in prove them false, I meant it in more of a makes them less impressive sort of way.

Chukpike said:
Apparently you didn't read TOG's post or you would know that Brett Favre has one Super Bowl ring. With all your obviously vast knowledge of Professional Football I would have thought you would have known this.
I did read it. It was a rhetorical question... With all you obviously vast knowledge in general, I would have thought YOU would have known THAT.
Chukpike said:
Quote Rob Henderson:
"When Brett can break the amount of records Tom Brady has in a single season, let me know, and I'll advocate him staying in the game. Till then, get the hell out."

Brett Favre coming back or not, it will be along time if ever, that Tom Brady can match the consistency of Favre's play. I am not knocking Tom Brady, as I have all ready said he has been a great quarterback for New England.
But Tom Brady has only been playing for about half as long as Brett Favre... And has the record for most touchdowns in a single season, which is probably one of the biggest QB records one can have. Clearly, that's a pretty consistent player.

Oh.... And by the way, Tom Brady has 3 SuperBowl rings... Another pretty damned consistent mark.

But you must remember...

Tom Brady's # of seasons < Brett Favre's # of seasons.
9 (really only 8, since he didn't play this year) to 18.

But you must remember...

Tom Brady's # of seasons < Brett Favre's # of seasons.
9 (really only 8, since he didn't play this year) to 18.
18 years for Favre, without missing a single game. Is he as great as some make him out to be? No. But is he better than Tom Brady? Yes.

Brett makes things happen .............

My take .......
Who the hell cares what order the greats are placed in ... Favre belongs in every single list (no matter who makes the lists).

And ... as long as Favre still wants to play, who's business is it to tell him no. His longevity has earned him the right to come and go as he pleases as long as he wants to play.

BTW - no matter how bad you may think his play is, there are teams that would welcome him in a moment as their #1 QB without any reservations. Brett makes things happen.

I never once denied the man's status as a top 10 QB... I never denied the man's greatness... But I am saying, just like Kobe Bryant for basketball, there comes a time when you just need to move on... Like TOG said, move to Florida or California and swim in your money.

TOG, give Brady 5 more years. Once they've played the same amount of games, we'll compare figures.

has anyone mentioned his wife is a total hottie....Quarterbacks always gettin the ladies...psssh

Back