Brazilian fighter aviation: a timeline

Today, the Brazilian Air Force's Saab F-39 Gripen E was officially unveiled. The link below presents an extensive and interesting article showing a timeline with all fighter aircraft already operated by the Brazilian Air Force, from 1941 to the present day. I read, enjoyed and share it here. I recommend reading.

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com/2020/10/aviacao-de-caca-da-forca-aerea.html

I hope your pilots got the flight manual in Portuguese. The South Africans got their flight manual in Swedish, I guess, because all of them failed.

I hope your pilots got the flight manual in Portuguese. The South Africans got their flight manual in Swedish, I guess, because all of them failed.

The South African pilots were of the affirmative action cadre, collectively they didnt have two brain cells to rub together.

One landing an airbus turned off the runway at the wrong exit and found himself at a dead end, instead of waiting for a tug to get the aeroplane out he tried to do a 3 point turn using reverse thrust. I kid you not. The result was the aeroplane ended up down a steep slope, numbnut used full power to get himself out which resulted in all manner of rocks, sticks and dirt into the engines and thrown out along the fuselage. Result? One written off multi million dollar aeroplane.

A cadre of affirmative action trainee pilots were sent to the UK for aircrew training, not one passed. The whole cadre was sent packing back to South Africa

After translation: P-40 is last of a long line of fighter jets. States the Flying Tigers started the shark mouth, while actually the British in the western Desert seem to have.

Back