Brazil

rock45

Just read this article about how Brazil going to upgrade 12 aircraft nothing special there but there in current bidding process for new types? Why spend money on the old and the aircraft your looking to replace? Maybe Brazil is looking to replace the 12 Mirage 2000-Cs they pick up a few years ago with this FX-2 bid, is what I can think of.

Other wise why spend the money right? Could Brazil use the upgraded A-4s on that old aircraft carrier they have? Thought that ship was tied up and basically in storage. Does anybody have any insight on Brazil?

Thanks
EMBRAER TO MODERNIZE BRAZILIAN NAVY AF-1 AND AF-1A JETS
http://www.embraer.com.br/institucional/download/2_043-Com-VPD-LAAD_AF1_Modern-I-09.pdf

For fx-2 brazil will either go for rafale or super hornet. cn-295 and kc-390 will make up the bulk of their transport fleet, and embraer is doing an upgrade of the a-4s with new avionics, engines, and weapon systems.

I heard that Brazil was showing interest in the future french aircraft carrier. So if they choose the rafale and embraer gets the license production deal, they could have rafale m's for the carrier as well as the ones they would get for the air force.

Back