Brazil FX Bid down to three

rock45

So now since the Brazilian FX Bid is down to three choices I wanted to get opinions on who has the inside track. The choices are:
Rafale
Gripen
SuperHornet E/F Block II

Win

I think all three have a solid chance. Since Brazil's AWACS have ties with Saab and there ties between Brazil and a certain missile makers in South Africa, which has ties to Saab, I think Gripen has a good shot.

The US isn't as loved in South America as we once were but the ASEA radar and AIM-120s is hard not to like.

To me there's two key selling points:
1st - Can Brazil who's may not be able to get past the US holding back spare parts and support on Venezuela's F-16s can trust Boeing?
2nd - The Hornet in 1 vs. 1 (I know rare) or 2 vs. 2, can the Hornet stand up to a Su-30 MK2V Flanker? Some people just can't get past the air to air part which is sad because air to air combat is so rare to begin with. The Hornet seems to be rated the weaker of the three is pure air to air. I'm not sure that's true I just know the Hornet does everything else very well.

I don't think Brazil's old carrier is a factor they wouldn't be able to launch fighters with any payload off of that ship without major changes.

Back