Bravo two zero - Page 2

--
Boots

December 20th, 2004  
chewie_nz

i've read all three.

i founf "the real bravo two zero" to be more believable. primarily because the author doesn't make himself out to be a hero. and he hasn't written anything since
December 20th, 2004  
AussieNick

Quote:
If you want to know, enlist or get commisioned.
I'm enlisted, and I've got my commision. Doesn't mean you find out anymore than anybody else, in fact, probably less knowing the army

As for somebody wanting to publish a book with classified material, I'd say it'd be an ex-sas soldier, but I've heard nothing about it.
December 20th, 2004  
chewie_nz

it was a kiwi ex-member of the british SAS. and the ministry of defence came down on him like the angry fist of god (with lawyers)
--
Boots
December 20th, 2004  
KJ

There ya go.
The book was called "Soldier five" I think after being intouch with a friend.

//KJ
December 20th, 2004  
chewie_nz

yep, that's right!
December 21st, 2004  
A Can of Man

It's ridiculously irresponsible. It teaches the enemy the techniques your comrades will employ on their next deployment.
December 21st, 2004  
Anya1982

Topic: ok

I met Andy Macnab a long time ago...................I used to do work with the "nothings" (what i called SF's) Any way Andy was invited to a party and he seemed ok..................i read his book then after that. I had actually seen the film the yr it came out which i think is accurate. Of course for certain reasons things weren't allowed to be told.

Andy has a way of putting things......................there the same as what ryan says just in a different way, its not hard to figure out!! I know when i left the navy jan 2004 they came hard down on me, mafde me sign all these secret acts etc. And i know andy got pounded on big time and cus of what he does people in the forces that do any type of "secret" job get hassaled before thy leave more than a normal rating to sign secret acts etc.

These do not teach the enemey anything that they do not know already...................all they gotta do is what a film or watch the news. Its the intel that is the secret