Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab

--

January 12th, 2005  
bonnieblue716

Topic: Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab

This story details the movements of a SAS (special air service, Britian's ellite special operations unit) patrol deep behind the lines during the first gulf war. It details their mission, how they were inserted deep into Iraq and left to fend for themselves, against two divison's of the ellite Repuliblican Guard. It tells of the compromise of there position on the second day of the mission and the extrordinary escape and evasion tactics the team used until becoming serprated. Some of the team was captured as POW's and it details the harsh realities of becoming a POW. It's truly an eye opening account of what special operations forces face, and the courage and strenght they posses.

"Their Mission: To take out the scuds.
Eight went out. Five came back.
Their story has been cloaked in secrecy.
Until Now"
(from the back cover of the book)

It's a must read for every civilan and military person alike. It will change your mind about the strenght of the human spirt to hope against all odds.

Who dares, wins ~ SAS
January 12th, 2005  
RnderSafe

It's a good fiction book.
January 12th, 2005  
bonnieblue716

Quote:
It's a good fiction book.

You sure about that? It reads like it's non-fiction in my opinon.
--
January 12th, 2005  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Positive. It's a good book, but most everything in it is fiction.
January 12th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Didn't the history channel do a special 2 hour doccumentary on Bravo two zero last year? If so then surely it isn't complete fiction. Does the book just take a real event and give it the 'hollywood treatment'?
January 12th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

I did some poking around the web and my findings are inconclusive. Most official sites label the book as non-fiction. One site called it a tale.

RnderSafe, how do you know it is a fiction book?
January 13th, 2005  
Locke

as soon as michael asher released his counter book, the entire story went up in smoke, and its going to be hard to prove one right and one wrong, its surpising that ahser felt so strongly that he released a book that opposed most of what mcnab said
January 13th, 2005  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnieblue716
I thrust RnderSafe 100% if he says that most of it are fiction...
January 13th, 2005  
bonnieblue716

Ok so what's the military rule of don't believe 90% of what you hear and 75% of what you see. lol i guess i just believe stuff waaaay to easily but then I'm just an innocent little chic from the bible belt so you know. Anyway, thanks for setting me straight.:~)
January 13th, 2005  
beardo

most of it is true