Which branch of service? - Page 3

View Poll Results :Are you planning on joining?
U.S. Air Force 6 30.00%
U.S. Army 2 10.00%
U.S. Marine Corps 7 35.00%
U.S. Navy 2 10.00%
U.S. Coast Guard 1 5.00%
Undecided 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

--

June 11th, 2005  
fronzz

Air force! "Off we go into the wild blue.......
June 11th, 2005  
Sea_Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureDevilDog
Force Recon is a Special Ops unit. Not a class that all sergeants have to take.
I see where I was mistaken Marine RECON, and Force Recon are two different special ops units, while I believe Marine Recon is way more Hardcore then Force Recon. But I'm a cadet so I wouldn't I'm just regurgitating the information I was given at RTC.
June 11th, 2005  
Joe252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea_Cadet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureDevilDog
Force Recon is a Special Ops unit. Not a class that all sergeants have to take.
I see where I was mistaken Marine RECON, and Force Recon are two different special ops units, while I believe Marine Recon is way more Hardcore then Force Recon. But I'm a cadet so I wouldn't I'm just regurgitating the information I was given at RTC.
Recon is strictly recon thats all there equipt to do. Force Recon is a little like RECON but there more tactical and are equiped to handle the job. There similair to the Navy Seals-infact the navy seals where developed just like and after force recon. Force recon just isnt that heard of. and the MOST hardcore SF is SFOD-D= Speacial Forces Operation Detachment-Delta a.ka. Delta Force
--
June 12th, 2005  
PershingOfLSU

One thing that you have to consider is that reconnaissance is extremely dangerous. You're in hostile territory and your mission is to get as close as possible to a hostile target. Not only are you outgunned, but you're also seeking out your enemy. Aside from air support, which may not be present depending on the sensitivity of the situation, if something goes wrong you're on your own. So although you can say, "Well it's just Recon"; that's like saying, "Well all you're doing is walking into the lions den unarmed, it's not like you have to fight them".

You may not have to engage them, but they're out for your blood.
June 12th, 2005  
FutureDevilDog

Excellent Post PershingOfLSU
June 12th, 2005  
RedLT

Coast Guard or Navy 8)
June 25th, 2005  
CAP_FOXTROTgrl6

Topic: USMC

only got one thing to say and thats that MARINE CORPS kicks ass. you want a nice life and a good names, only one way to go and thats Semper FI all the way!!!! can i get a OORAHHH!!
July 29th, 2005  
stellsamurai

Rangers lead the way, wantin in sice I was like 7.
July 30th, 2005  
babyboy4u363

hey no fair, you could've at least put in a "other british forces" option there =p

RAF all the way boys.
August 5th, 2005  
Nelson_CAP

Airforce is where I'll stay.