which branch of the military do you prefer?

milesboy

I like the army because most of my friends and family was in or are going into the army, and I am ganna go in. I also learned more about them from them to.

Last edited:
sorry im an air force kinda guy if you dont own the skies then you wont win the war. i respect all branches though

Marine Corps has more tradition and history...REALLY? I wasn't aware of that. The Army IS the oldest branch of the military. It also has paid the highest price to secure the freedom we enjoy.

How many marines fought in the Rev war...1812...Mex War...and the war between the states? Did the marines secure the Western half of the United States fighting the Sioux, Cheyene, Apache, Comanche, etc. Indians toothe and nail for almost half a century? Where were the marines during the Spanish American War?...3 regiments of Marines fought in WWI, compared to over 1 million soldiers. All of the European theatre and over half of the Pacific theatre in WWII were fought by the Army. Not to mention the two biggest modern naval invasions in history (Normandy and Torch) were done with the Army(in conjunction with British/Canadian/ ANZAC troops) Or Korea, I guess the most decorated American unit during that war WASN'T the 1st Cavalry division of the US Army. Then there's Vietnam, the Marines paid in the battles like the hill fights, Khe Sanh, Hue, and numerous operations along the DMZ, but the Army paid just as dearly in the battles of Ia Drang, Dak To, and the A Shau Valley. I could go on and on but the fact of the matter is if you take a marine grunt and an army grunt that have been doing ongoing operations for months on end, sleep deprived, underfed, and over worked, their misery is essentially the same. In the operational environment I don't care if the guy is AF, Army, Marines, or Navy...All I care about is that they do their jobs and they watch my back.

Only boots get hung up on the "who's better" contest, and as far as I'm concerned Mr. Morgan, you haven't earned the right to comment one way or another. Until that EGA is pinned on your collar, keep your trap shut.

Moved this to the proper section. And while I agree with the 2Lt, if this thread turns into a pissing contest, it will be closed. Goes for everyone. Understood?

Why is this thread even allowed to exist? Just looking at the first post shows it lacks any awareness or thought. :neutral:

Things sure have changed around here.

Why is this thread even allowed to exist? Just looking at the first post shows it lacks any awareness or thought. :neutral:

Things sure have changed around here.

The thread itself isn't breaking any rules, but you bring up a good point. If you're going to post what your favorite branch is...include better reasons than they're "tough, and good".

I've served in the Army as well as the Navy.

Which one did I think was the best ... check out the signature and the Avatar.

BTW - the Navy was formed first .. and .. the Marines at one time, were considered 'Sailor/Soldiers'.

As far as a pissing contest, it requires ALL branches of the military to carry out a war that spans the four corners of the world. Don't think so .. check out the War for Independence/WWI/WWII, etc. It required an integrated force to obtain peace.

I'm aiming for the USMC, but wouldn't mind landing in the Army, Navy, National Guard, or Air Force. I'd probably be content in any of them, and am certainly not one to undermine one for the other -- at least, not rationally.

For now, however, I prefer the USMC. My old step-father as well as numerous other family members and friends were in the Marines. Spending a few years in K-bay with my step-father, surrounded by marines, left a big impression on me very early on... and my mind was pretty much made up from that point on, and still hasn't changed.

I prefer Army as that's where I was. I will say though that as Chief Bones said, it takes all four services to win a war (nowadays).

I was in the Army, but could never stand people arguing over which branch is best. No branch is best, they`re all good. While certain tasks overlap, they each perform a specific function. The skills employed compliment each other exactly like a team should. Any Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, or Coast Guardsman who performs honorably should have everyone`s equal respect.

i am going for the USMC im in DEP right now and i couldnt imagine wanting to do anything else

I was thinking about going into the airforce but I wanted to jump out of the planes then fly them so I decided to SF becuase it was more challinging than the airborne. So i am going in about 10 months to enlist into the army.

Last edited:
I'm going to say the Air Force. They have better equipment, bases, funding, and most of the time training. Don't get me wrong my prideful side loves the Marines and being a Marine wife but more often then not they really get shafted.

Whether we like it or not I think that someday there will only be one US Military Service - I don’t know what I will be called but I believe it is inevitable.

Marine Corps has more tradition and history...REALLY? I wasn't aware of that. The Army IS the oldest branch of the military. It also has paid the highest price to secure the freedom we enjoy.

How many marines fought in the Rev war...1812...Mex War...and the war between the states? Did the marines secure the Western half of the United States fighting the Sioux, Cheyene, Apache, Comanche, etc. Indians toothe and nail for almost half a century? Where were the marines during the Spanish American War?...3 regiments of Marines fought in WWI, compared to over 1 million soldiers. All of the European theatre and over half of the Pacific theatre in WWII were fought by the Army. Not to mention the two biggest modern naval invasions in history (Normandy and Torch) were done with the Army(in conjunction with British/Canadian/ ANZAC troops) Or Korea, I guess the most decorated American unit during that war WASN'T the 1st Cavalry division of the US Army. Then there's Vietnam, the Marines paid in the battles like the hill fights, Khe Sanh, Hue, and numerous operations along the DMZ, but the Army paid just as dearly in the battles of Ia Drang, Dak To, and the A Shau Valley. I could go on and on but the fact of the matter is if you take a marine grunt and an army grunt that have been doing ongoing operations for months on end, sleep deprived, underfed, and over worked, their misery is essentially the same. In the operational environment I don't care if the guy is AF, Army, Marines, or Navy...All I care about is that they do their jobs and they watch my back.

Only boots get hung up on the "who's better" contest, and as far as I'm concerned Mr. Morgan, you haven't earned the right to comment one way or another. Until that EGA is pinned on your collar, keep your trap shut.

Look at the bold and then tell me what your rants about Lieutenant.

Back