Brag and just talk, talk, talk

brooke01

So I’ve been here for awhile and I’ve made a couple of friends but I would like to get to know more about everyone here. So this is my first thread and I’ve decided to come up a place wher people can just talk and brag about their selves:) if theres a place already like this could some one please point me in the right direction?:)

So I’ll start first,

My name is Brooke. I’m 14 years old and a freshman in high school. In my free time, I love to play my French horn and trumpet, ride horses and read. I have 2 horses of my own. I’ve read about 15-20 books during the summers and 10-15 during the school year:) I’ve been debating several years now whether or not I should join our schools JRTOC. It sounds like it would be a fun experience.

I hope to hear from lots of new people and learn all there is to about the military:)

The name's Rob, I'm a freshman in college. I'm a singer... That's what I study, and my main hobby. I also love to read, and I'm damned sure addicted to this place. I couldn't tell you how many books I've read, but it's probably an astronomical number. I'm extremely opinionated, and if you ask my view on something, be prepared to hear it. I was in JROTC at my high school (Air Force) but fell in love with music...

lol i can see how that could happen:) i used to sing until was forced to choose between chorus and band:( now i just sing for fun but i may end up going to college to study music:)

Nice to meet yah Rob:) been seein you around lately:) its very addicting:)

and as you can tell i love smileys:)

Well, I am THE Other Guy, the Milforum Spam King. I've been a member here since October of 2004, and call the town of Pataskala, Ohio home. I tend to be left leaning on many subjects (gay marriage, abortion, etc.) but I do support several common right-wing stances (gun rights, death penalty, etc.). I've been in the furry fandom for a few years now ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom explains what exactly that means) but no one really knows about it, save for the people on this website and one guy I go to school with. I've always been interested in history, and I am a bit of a geography nut. My favorite era in history is definitely WWII; I did a project on Aircraft in third grade that really got me hooked. I was introduced to the realities of the modern world rather harshly by the 9/11 attacks, and the response to it sparked my avid interest in politics. I would like to be a journalist or a political correspondent for a newspaper, assuming there are any left by the time I get out of college.

Well, I guess I can give my spiel.

I'm Kristopher Steliga (Kris is preferred). Come May, I'll have been a member for five years. Right now, I'm a Private in the Canadian Air Force as an Instrument Flight Rule Data Coordinator at 14 Wing Greenwood, Air Traffic Control Squadron (quite the mouthful, I know) in Greenwood, Nova Scotia. Been in the Canadian Forces for about five years now, but most of that time was spent at the Royal Military College in Kingston, Ontario as a Naval Officer in training. Also spent six years in the Royal Canadian Air Cadets, 'retiring' as a Warrant Officer 2nd Class (roughly the cadet equivalent of a USAF Senior Master Sergeant) and a qualified civilian pilot during my Jr/Sr High School years.

Well, as some of you know I am an elementary school teacher :) love my job,..I am still attending graduate school at UNT in Dallas tx,..I also love spending time with my HUGE family, I have zillions and zillions of cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers and sisters, ok am over stating it but I do come from a big family :) but at the end its all about family and food of course!! Lets, see...I love music,..I grew up listening to Journey while watching my older brother train at the boxing gym :) I also just recently found out I am half Asian, wow!! I know, thats an eye opener, dont speak a word of Asian anything but plan to learn Japanese..I also know 3 other languages fluently Spanish beign one of them :) You all are more than welcome to stop by my page any time!! chow!! :) Bienvenidos' Welcome' ....:)

Last edited:
Great thread Brooke! I'm new to this forum too, joined just over a month a go, and am quickly becoming addicted to it. I like singing too, (just like Rob), and many different types of music. I was born in India, immigrated with the family to the UK at 5 years old and then immigrated again to Canada in my early 20's. I have three kids (all boys) and live in the country side.

Its great to hear from all of you! im glad to be getting responses and i love learning about everyone:) thanks guys! and girls!:)

I'm Sarah, 24 years old as of this March and I'm the coolest person in the world. (Not really, but you did title this to brag). ;) I've been a member of this board for a long time, though I have had lulls where I didn't show for a year or so in the past.

Right now I'm *STILL* looking for a second job in the morning to go along with the one I already have. I am doing day care for a family with four wonderful children and I've been with them for five years. I love every minute of it!

I've had three years of college until I bailed, I'm planning on going back this year (and finishing).

Well, my name is Fox and 21 years old from the great state of Texas, and some of you may know that I'm deaf, I able to speak in English and signs in American Sign Language fluently but it's sometimes hard for me to listen and read the lips at same time. Anyway, I'm a college student majoring in Fire Protection Technology, that basically means firefighter. I always wants to be a professional firefighter since I was a kid. And what am I doing on the free time? Drink the beers with my best buddies; play some sports especially, football and baseball (Paintball is pretty fun to play but it's wasting my good money.); watch the movies; read the books; floating around the internet; And more sports.

And I proudly was in the Navy JROTC for 4 years.

Well, anyone care to post after me?

Last edited:
My name is Melody. I have two wonderful daughters (18 & 19 years old). I tend to brag more on them than myself, but the title doesn't say who we are to brag on, so I'm good there! :) I also have an awesome husband (Marine and Biker!)

I love smileys :lol: I also enjoy anything musical (my parents had a great sense of humor naming me Melody with a last name of Harmon)! I was introduced as Melody Harmony more than once before I got married!

I joined the National Guard in January, and I am preparing for Basic Training now. I leave for BCT at the end of May.

wow tomtom congratz!! thats really great:) and thanks for serving!:) i always love a good military story;)

I'm the 13th Redneck. Been here since sometime mid 2004 I think.
Served 2 years in the RoK Marines and currently I'm a reservist. I was planning on being an Army NCO here but my wife and I decided to go to the US instead so I left half way through NCO school and cancelled my contract. Hopefully we'll make it to America to study.
I am 27 years old, married and our second kid is due sometime in August.
I like martial arts and military stuff and I have a low tolerance for bull sh*t. I've always had an issue with anger which was the topic of the evening as my old man recounted past disasters involving myself and that particular emotional state.
I am on the sh*t list of a lot of relatives. Apparently I'm an a$$ hole of a high caliber.
Also a big soccer fan, though I prefer to play the indoor game instead of the outdoor game.

I'm mmarsh, originally from the Big Apple although I currently based in Paris France due to my job (I have some relatives here too). Been here since 2004.

Never been in the military myself (to my great regret) but I come from a very long history of US Army Officers. Perhaps (if its not too late) Ill join the Guard, but chances are that I am/will be too old. "C'est la vie" as the French say. A small piece of advice for the youngsters here: don't piss away your chances if you what to do something: DO IT. Don't be a fool and piss away your best years like I did.

Last thing I'll say is that I am a total Computer Nerd, being both my passion and profession. If anyone has any questions about anything PC (Systems or Network) related start a thread or drop a PM, I will answer any question to the best of my ability.

Oh yes, I am getting married the following weekend (so that's cool too).

Last edited:
congratz to both of you redneck and mmarsh!:) good luck and im happy for ya'll!:)

im kind of a computer nerd too, i know a lot of stuff about them but would like to learn lots more. i gain more knowledge by doing hands on stuff. i once fixed 2 of my playstations just by taking them apart and fooling around with them:p

well this has kinda gone dead soo...imma revive it!!:)

well the other weekend i got layed on by a horse it was pretty cool really:) he reared up and i wouldnt give him his head so he fell back on me:) but over all i had a good ride:) and then yesturday we had 2 riders come off with the saddle and the horse took off up a hill while 1 of the riders got on to go catch it they got thrown again and so we had 2 loose horses but it was all fun and well:)

well this has kinda gone dead soo...imma revive it!!:)

well the other weekend i got layed on by a horse it was pretty cool really:) he reared up and i wouldnt give him his head so he fell back on me:) but over all i had a good ride:) and then yesturday we had 2 riders come off with the saddle and the horse took off up a hill while 1 of the riders got on to go catch it they got thrown again and so we had 2 loose horses but it was all fun and well:)

Thats pretty cool :)....As for me..well...I can't wait for the summer vacation, yay!!!! I will only be off 5 weeks though :( since I'll be working on my Degree in Counseling the first part of the summer....oh, well....at least I'll have days off with pay :) shoes! shoes! LOL,

I guess I'll do my part. :)

Found out a week or so ago that I might be slated for Op PODIUM, which is the Canadian Forces 'help' with the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics and Paralympics. So anyone who'll be in that area between January and March, feel free to give me a holler.:thumb:

Also, getting promoted to Corporal in September.

I guess I'll do my part. :)

Found out a week or so ago that I might be slated for Op PODIUM, which is the Canadian Forces 'help' with the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics and Paralympics. So anyone who'll be in that area between January and March, feel free to give me a holler.:thumb:

Also, getting promoted to Corporal in September.

I wish I could get tickets to the W.Olympics, sigh...oh well...on the other hand CONGRATS!!!! you're moving up!!!! :p

Back