Bradley Linebacker

Chocobo_Blitzer

Capabilities? Is it just an armored anti-aircraft vehicle? Does it still retain the ground mission? Can the rocket launcher be used for ground targets too?

It has it's chain gun and stinger missiles. Pretty basic but gets the job done. The stinger would work on infantry, but it's too expensive for that.

Not like the US is facing any real air threat though.

The Bradley, as a concept, is probably going to prove to be superior to the more traditional tank design because it has a very adaptable platform with lots of options. This is just one example.

Dunno... there's always issues with the armor.
Plus apparently the M-1A2's sensors are much better so it actually makes a better recon vehicle than the Bradleys do.

Mostly, I'm talking about the concept of a more adaptable weapons platform. Bradleys are being used for that, but the Bradley could definitely stand some improving and/or replacing of things.

The Bradley's design works better for that. More room to play with, etc. For the M1, you'd prolly want to move the turret back a bit and there's plenty of other things to rework. Better off just sticking with the Bradley.

With the M-1... all I think is neccessary is that they remove the gun, and stick a rocket launcher on the roof. :lol:

The Bradley is an infantry fighting vehicle, it carries a squad of 6 men and supports them directly. It's not a makeshift APC.

Kozzy Mozzy said:
The Bradley is an infantry fighting vehicle, it carries a squad of 6 men and supports them directly. It's not a makeshift APC.

It's was also a CFV, M-3 Cavalry Fighting Vehicle. Driver, gunner, BC and two Scouts. The Bradley when I was in, in the 80's had a slightly higher profile than the M1, were slower less firepower and much more noisy when when you stepped on the "gas" not to mention the transmissions in them were weak and prone to going out on you when you didnt want them too... :D While not actully a tank, was often mistaken/perceived as one and in battle you don't want that kinda focus and they were just too noisy to be very quiet when moving. All that being said I did and still do like them... :D

the bradley is used for short range anti air, the chain gun and stinger are good for that...

p.s. no need to remove m1's turret... check out the LAHAT, its a missle that is fired from 120 mm turrets

Back