Bradley Linebacker

--

October 14th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Topic: Bradley Linebacker

Capabilities? Is it just an armored anti-aircraft vehicle? Does it still retain the ground mission? Can the rocket launcher be used for ground targets too?
October 14th, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

It has it's chain gun and stinger missiles. Pretty basic but gets the job done. The stinger would work on infantry, but it's too expensive for that.

Not like the US is facing any real air threat though.
October 14th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

That's true, but I was curious if it might be used (the missile) to clear out a fortified poesition.
--
October 14th, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

No, that's what MPAT rounds are for.
October 14th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

The Bradley, as a concept, is probably going to prove to be superior to the more traditional tank design because it has a very adaptable platform with lots of options. This is just one example.
October 14th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Dunno... there's always issues with the armor.
Plus apparently the M-1A2's sensors are much better so it actually makes a better recon vehicle than the Bradleys do.
October 15th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Mostly, I'm talking about the concept of a more adaptable weapons platform. Bradleys are being used for that, but the Bradley could definitely stand some improving and/or replacing of things.
October 15th, 2004  
A Can of Man

You could modify the M-1's turret... but I guess that just costs more.
October 15th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

The Bradley's design works better for that. More room to play with, etc. For the M1, you'd prolly want to move the turret back a bit and there's plenty of other things to rework. Better off just sticking with the Bradley.
October 15th, 2004  
A Can of Man

With the M-1... all I think is neccessary is that they remove the gun, and stick a rocket launcher on the roof.