The Boys from Baghdad

Del Boy

I have been watching a great documentary on BBC2 tonight. Four kids in school in Baghdad during the military occupation. All about 16 years old, livng in th city in 2006, each given a camera to film what they wanted about their lives. They are school-friends. One is a Christian; one is a Kurd. One is Iraqi, and one is Iraqi, but half Sunni - half Shia. There are trying to pass their examinations to escape the war-torn city. Great kids, great mums, great film.

I'll try to find out and report.

[SIZE=-1]Baghdad High is the story of four Iraqi boys, all friends, coming of age in the most dangerous city on earth – Baghdad. It was filmed by the students ...
www.frontlineclub.com/club_events.php?event=1542 - 27k - Cached - Similar pages[/SIZE]

It is actually called The Boys from Baghdad High. It seems to be causing a stir. frontline club screens it sunday 13 Jan.

Last edited:
I watched this documentary and really enjoyed it. It paints a very different picture from the ones that the News tend to run. I enjoyed the programme and really felt sorry for these young men. They were very nice people, who want to work hard at their studies to help make their country a better place to live in.

I wish them well, where ever, they end up in life.

Best Regards

Steven Preece
Author

Agree

I totally agree. Undoubtedly, they are the future for their country. And, again undoubtedly, that can only be very positive in the interests of progression.

Best Regards

Steven Preece

Right on the button. Hope they repeat it. I think progression is the right word, I really hope they go far. I would like to see them receive celebrity status here, people would like to see more of them.

Back