Boy Scout Grant Money

OORAH

Hello all!

I know its been a while since i posted on here. I've been rather busy (i'm a senior in high school, no easy times) and I finally have some time to do some more posting.

Now to the meat of the thread

I work at the local Boy/Cub scout resident camps in the summer. The staff works pretty much 8 sometimes 9 weeks straight. Right now, we live in pretty much army wall tents with platforms. Now I know some of you on here would say thats some quality stuff, almost luxurious, and I would agree. It's better than sleeping in a regular tent, or in your own hand made shelter. But the problem the tents make for the camp is that they cannot hire quality staff because nobody but me and a few other "crazies" will bother sleeping in tents all summer.

SO

i've taken it upon myself to fundraise money and build bunkhouses for the staff. These will pretty much be small 10 foot by 12 foot cabins, that sleep 4 staff each. We have two camps in our council, one for Boy Scouts, and one for Cub Scouts. My plans call for 5 bunkhouses at each camp, for a total of 10 bunkhouses. Each bunkhouse costs approximately 1,000 dollars apiece, and i've budgeted that the whole project will cost 15,000 dollars overall.

Obviously, fundraising will be the most challenging part.

My question to all of you, is if you know of any federal/state(i live in NY state) grants I could apply for (i've done some searching on the interent already, havent found too much) or any foundations/individuals i should contact.

any informatino/insight/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

thanks,

OORAH

Back