Boudreaux goes to Ireland

CrazyLilCajun

Milforum Cowgirl
Visiting Ireland, Boudreaux walked into a bar in Dublin, ordered three pints of Guinness and sat in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn. When he finished them, he came back to the bar and ordered three more.

The bartender said, "You know, Boudreaux, a pint goes flat after I pour it. Wouldn't you rather I pour fresh pints for you, one at a time?" Boudreaux replied, "Well, you see sha, I have two brothers. One is now in Nova Scotia and the other in France, and me, mais, I'm from Louisiana. When we all left home, we promised we'd drink this way to remember the days when we drank together." The bartender admitted that this was a nice custom and left it there.

Boudreaux became a regular in the bar and always drank the same way: He ordered three pints and drank them in turn. One day he came in and ordered two pints. All the regulars noticed and fell silent, speculating about what might have happened to one of the absent brothers.

When Boudreaux went back to the bar for a second round, the bartender said, "Hey, Boudreaux, I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your great loss."

Boudreaux looked confused for a moment and then a light dawned in his eye, and he laughed and said, "Oh, no, no, no, arrybody's fine. I've just given up beer for Lent!"

Back