Bored.... new project.

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Scratch This Project.....

Well, I have some extra parts lying around and I just got my $600 Stimulus Check in the mail.

So here is my project.

I'm going to build a AR-15 with a 1/7 right twist ratio 20 inch light weight M16A1 barrel with a M16A2 flash hider, with a flat top receiver and M4 feed ramps. I'm going to use green M16A2 stock, fore grip, and pistol grip.

image.aspx

Pretty much that with a removable carry handle.

Why? because I want a light weight KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) rifle and also because I have a spare M4A1 carry handle lying around the house. Yeah.... that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. Total price is going to be about $727.60

Last edited:
You need to build a Gatling gun that shoots 40mm grenade rounds.

That's a Destructive Device. Big Time BATFE paper work and money sucker. I do have a project on the back burner (time & money) to build a hopper fed 12 Gauge Gatling Gun.

Just the idea of turning a crank and letting loose a bunch of 00Buck and Slug seems like so much fun.

What'd you pick up Monday?

I can't say what it is yet.... it will ruin the surprise.

You can sell the design to the military. Place that sucker on top of an APC and you got yourself the ultimate IFV!

Well... it came in today... I was excepting it on Monday but the damn UPS man got lost on Monday.

Say hello to the proud new owner of a Sig Sauer 556 Rifle.

100_1546.jpg

100_1545.jpg

I got her for a steal.... $600. I did some repair work for a friend of mine and as payment. He sold me said rifle for $600. When he went back up to NC he shipped the rifle by FFL. :)

(Aimpoint and Stock were mine. I just added them on.)

Last edited:
You gotta give us a range report. I've seen one of these hanging from the ceiling in the local gun shop right next to one of those American-made AUGs, but it's not one you can just pick up to get a feel for.

Took it to the range today. I put three magazine through it. It was accurate at the 100 yard line. I was shooting standing free hand with the first magazine and I was able to hit a man size target without any issue.

Second magazine was from free hand sitting. Tighter group.

Third magazine was from the prone... all 30rd went into the ten ring.

From my opinion. The rifle is well built but it's a little front heavy. I might sell it or keep it. Not 100% sure yet. It's fun because it's different. But I like the AR-15 platform much better. So more then likely I might trade or sell it. Maybe get another M1 Garand or a nice pile of cash. Also I don't like it that I cannot use the .22LR Kit for it.... 5.56x45mm is getting expensive in price.

Hello, 3-gun comp.

Real nice piece, I'd like to get my hands on a Bushmaster AR-15 after I get out of undergrad in 3 or 4 years, start in 3-gun. Like others said, get us a range report and let us know about the ergonomics, etc.

That's an Aimpoint? I've used one, handy little thing to have in low-light.

For optics, I'm lost, but I've been recommended Trijicon and Aimpoint. Only optics I work with is scopes, not red dot or other types of sights.

My cousin, a policeman in Houston, carries a Bushmaster AR, loves it. I like it, I find it points well, smooth trigger, pulls a nice double tap. We've sawed tree branches with it. Should run about a grand, right?

That's an Aimpoint? I've used one, handy little thing to have in low-light.

For optics, I'm lost, but I've been recommended Trijicon and Aimpoint. Only optics I work with is scopes, not red dot or other types of sights.

My cousin, a policeman in Houston, carries a Bushmaster AR, loves it. I like it, I find it points well, smooth trigger, pulls a nice double tap. We've sawed tree branches with it. Should run about a grand, right?

The Carbine has a Eo-tech... I've used Aimpoints but I'm not a big fan of them. I like Eo-techs more. Trijicon is a company that makes everything and anything. Best piece of glass out there in my opinion is their Acog line.

The rifle on the left has a Redfield 2.5x Scope. That twenty inch is my .22lr rifle.

I got myself a new project today. Finished my 4-H horse career, and talked to my parish agent- wanted to know if they were trying to get a shooting sports project together for 4-H kids, and ended up basically getting offered an instructing position once I get the proper certification. Really excited about it.
Also won 200 bucks for "premier exhibitor", should have been 250- I tied with someone, and I'd gotten screwed in one of my classes so I lost the tie-breaker. With this windfall I'm ordering my XD this week.

Back