Boots

SHERMAN

OK...Here is the thing, I have flat feet. I also have very bad pain in my feet when i wear combat boots. I had the Israeli combat boots and had terrible pain for most of my service, untill i got some custom soles. Now im on reserve i dont have to wear standart issue boots(well technically i do, but i can get away with it). Do you guys know any very good combat boots that will go easy on a crippled lazy tanker like my self?:)

Black or desert tan? The Bates 922s (black) are fantastic, but they're not cheap. I'm not sure if they make one in tan.

Last edited:
get some thick insoles, cushioned insoles, i had that problem too, the cushioned insoles took this problem away for me.

yes thats true, but my pair of boots is well worn, i havent replaced it in 3 year of service. I had two pairs of what we call "Light Boots". They are meant for infantery(or at least were when i joined), but i got them anyways. Than i transfered to armor and they couldent replace them for me cause they only had "Heavy Boots". I gave one pair to a friend and took his heavies, so when i was discharged and i had to give 1 pair back i gave the heavies. Now all i have is one pair of light boots that i wor for 3 years straight, and they are litterally falling apart. Oh, i have a pair of canadian winter boots, but those are hardly suiteable here most year round:)

If their for the field, I've always liked the Danner's or Cocharan Field boots. Failing that I like Jungles but you need insoles.

Back