Boots, the kind you wear on your feet, not the FNG's

I wore issue boots most of the time.

I did buy a pair once - but then I was in the British Forces and, for some strange reason, our procurers didn't seem to learn the same lessons that were taught during WWI as everybody else. Namely, if your soldier's feet stay wet they become casualties. The same lesson was spoon fed the authorities again, in 1982. The standard issue DMS boot at that time was about as waterproof as a teabag. So, some took to buying their own. Expensive business, isn't it, though! I mean footwear becomes damaged easily in a soldier's environment, so, as the standard of the British Boot improved, I packed that game in and saved me some money :) The last boot I was issued with - the 'Pro Boot' was brilliant. I remember putting a brand new pair on for a CFT (8 mile forced march in Marching Order(with 40lb kit)) without any troubles at all - brilliantly comfortable.

I swear by my Hi tech magnums... or now just called magnums, Light rugged and durable... the only thing I would like would be drain holes like the jungle boot... The boots we get issued are garbage.

Never for the field. Danner Ft Lewis boots or Jungles. I did use the Desert boots.

Issues were solely for garrison and inspections.

best investment ive ever made was my £180 Lowa Gore-Tex Combat boots......could sleep with them on and not even notice them

yeah....especially when you've been walking through a river for the last mile and not realised :lol:

I wear my Taipans by Highmark shoes. They are an australian boot, excellent quality, strong, comfy, light and they just last and last. I've had them since 1999, and worn them for everything... Military exercises, paintball, hiking, painting the house. Everything you can think of, and they are still in top condition.

i spoke to a friend of mine who was a former DS and he told me that, while in basic, i should keep one pair of boots for inspection and another for field use. i just thought of that after reading the thread, just a thought for those FNGs out there.

we all tried to do that in Battleschool, but the Intructors didn't like that so they made us number the boots and if you were wearing your number 2 boots on a number 1 day, all you would hear is "adopt the push up postion troop"

Back