Bootcamp

30 weeks? Part timer! :p My RM Officers training was just over 60 weeks/15 months. ;)

My (proper :p) police officer training was 104 weeks. ;)

My initial Army training was also 15 months.
And I estimate spending about 4 years on courses, during my career!.
Then there was my Police training as above.
To be fair, most of the army courses, have no civi use, what so ever,apart from EW instructor........only joking!.

To be fair, most of the army courses, have no civi use, what so ever,apart from EW instructor........only joking!.

My hand-to-hand combat training has proven useful in civi street. ;) :angel:

My mountain leader and artic cold weather courses have proven very useful for my hobbies. :D

Thanks for the advice guys.... Its starting to settle in that soon I will be going through 13 weeks of hell. :neutral:

It's not hell. The first few days will seem like it, but it's not.

Do what you're told with a sense of purpose and unquestioningly to the best of your ability. Don't think, just do it. Try and keep your sense of humor and you'll be fine.

AND, have fun. You get all kinds of kit to play with that civi's only dream about or play on video games.

ENJOY yourself!

Alright I'll do my best. Thanks for the advice everyone.

It's meant to test your resolve to be a US Marine and give you basic knowledge, nothing more, nothing less. It will suck, the amount of suckage depends on your attitude. Gut check yourself and do it. In the Fleet you'll do things that suck much. much more than recruit training.

Oh and pay no attention to the Pom's who are trying to scare you here with the 6 month basic training. They're slow it takes that long to explain which end the bullet comes out of and left from right.

Oh and pay no attention to the Pom's who are trying to scare you here with the 6 month basic training. They're slow it takes that long to explain which end the bullet comes out of and left from right.

Probably explains why British forces stand out amongst the Yanks. ;)

It's meant to test your resolve to be a US Marine and give you basic knowledge, nothing more, nothing less. It will suck, the amount of suckage depends on your attitude. Gut check yourself and do it. In the Fleet you'll do things that suck much. much more than recruit training.

Pom's! I thought we were Limey's:D

The worst part about boot camp is the lack of personal freedom and privacy. Some of it will be fun. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I did a pretty good job of flying under the radar and not drawing attention to myself. I still remember when the drill sergeant was passing out mail (i think 6 or 7 weeks into boot camp) and when I came up to get mine he said, "Who the f#%k are you?" You will certainly get their attention at some point though, hopefully it will be rarely.

Back