Boot Camp

OORAH

I am thinking about going in to The United States Marine Corps when I finish college. Anyone have any suggestions or advice as to whether I should enlist right out of high school, or should I wait until I finish college.

it all depends on what you want to do in the USMC, if you want to be a pilot or something you ofcourse need a college degree but if you want to get down in the dirty and whatnot go enlisted, i could help ya out more if you told me what your interested in the USMC

I'd like to be an officer, and I know I sound really naive, but I want to lead leathernecks into battle

hey, SGT's and SSGT's can lead men into battle as well...i dont know much about the grunt side so whatever :). i know my ass is lead into battle by a couple of pilots...then they get me out

I'm almost 16 now, and I know that noncoms lead men into battle, but I was thinking on an officer level

hoohaa310 said:
I'm almost 16 now, and I know that noncoms lead men into battle, but I was thinking on an officer level

Either way, you should get a college degree no matter which way you are joining up (enlisted or officer). It'll help in life...

Ever consider the 92-day program (believe that's what it's called)? You join college and you enlist in the Marines as a reservist and you go to bootcamp and your MOS school etc during your summers so you don't miss any college work. This will give you the benefit of being an enlisted Marine before you become an officer...

just throwin out ideas for ya 8)

Go to College. Get in PLC or NROTC. Thats your best route. But remember PLC will only give you a Reserve Commission and NROTC only allows a certain percentage of Midshipmen to go Marine Option.

Other than that you can apply after graduation from college to an OSO for acceptance to OCS.

im 16. I was seriously thinking about joining the Marines after high school, i would want to apply for the light infantryman MOS, but i also want to become a Scout/ Sniper.

Back