boot camp stories

bootmarine

I've got a few boot camp stories, which were either funny at the time because we were all so tense that anything was funny or funny now that I look back on them.
One day during snap-in week our 3rd hat drill instructor asked us if we had heard about the recruit who had commited suicide on Alpha range about a month ago. We all had because rumors fly through bootcamp and I figured he was gonna tell us to talk to the chaplain if we ever felt like that or something. Instead he says "we should have 81 of those."

Before field week we field packed our MREs, taking unnecessary stuff out of them and packing them tighter so they took up less space. Well a kid in another platoon had stolen a bag of skittles from one of the MREs. I was cleaning outside while they made this recruit do push-ups in the pit. Every time he pushed up he had to sound off "taste the rainbow" which was horrible because of how the recruit said it towards the end. When I think about it know though its pretty funny.
I got some more stupid stories, but if you've been there you know what its like.

Hi Bootmarine, and Welcome to the forum.

Good stories.
I think all us us who are/have been in the military have stories like this, but they're still funny.. :D

Please post more if you know any other good ones.

Lol that would be funny

you have to think...
Now that marine meets his family and there going home
THere in the back of the car and his/her sister/brother
offeres them some Skittles....... Lol

ROFL Strony! That must have been funny to be there. Horrible to watch but funny if you arent him. Thats a good one though strony. :lol:

"they made this recruit do push-ups in the pit. Every time he pushed up he had to sound off "taste the rainbow" which was horrible because of how the recruit said it towards the end."

Correct!

And sounds quite familar. 8)

Back