boot camp - Page 2

--

April 7th, 2004  
SrAMontrey

Topic: differences in services, and 'MOS's

I'm in the Air Force, and I chose Guard over active and reserve for the educational benefits. If you are looking for something that you are doing your job all week, and you want to be away from home, then you want Active. You might want to check with your state guard bureau, because most states give you 100% tuition ( not reimbursement, they straight out pay your tuition to state schools) I know that if you want intel, you WILL be at Goodfellow AFB, TX. However, intel is a desk job, almost 99% of time. If you want something fulfilling, look into being a PJ in the Air Force, they have the hardest school, but you are practically a hero when you graduate. Combat Controller is another career that is fulfilling, as you are the ground force that designates the targets with lasers for the pilots to bomb the hell out of them.
April 7th, 2004  
SrAMontrey

Topic: more on previous post

Your choice is dependant on what your personal values are closer to. The Air Force has Three Core Values. Integrity First, Service Before Self, and Excellence In All We Do.

I am partial to the Air Force, because I am in the Air Force. I am sure the Army will be partial to Army, Navy to the Navy, and of course, the Marines are ALWAYS partial to the Marine Corps.''