Boot Camp, and the military in general.

SHERMAN

Well, my finall conscription date seems to be August 7th, 2005.

Any advise about boot camp, stuff to take with me, general advice and so on?

Hope this helps

Make sure you take care of your feet and treat all recruits with you with respect. Follow the golden rule of do unto others as you would have done unto you. Use dry lubricants if you have them for weapon maintenance which you probably will be taught that as I was taught that from an IDF soldier. Remember what you are fighting for and the reason why it is necessary for you to be a part of the IDF. Take pride and train hard.

Good luck.

wish i could help ya, only thing i know about the IDF is that my dad was apart of it.

really? when and what corps?

greenarmy1980, thanks for that, ill keep all that in mind.

somewhere in the late 60's early 70's and he was a paratrooper. other than that i dont really know much else of what he did. im pretty sure he did the basic 3yrs in there though.

Sherman, I hate to even mention this but within three months after entering the service, I had every bit of cash I was carrying stolen and had to make a loan from the Red Cross until payday. There are still people like that in every country.

if you don't have some sort of hope now like a religion someone you look up to or even something that brings you some sort of peace get it now. i am in my final stages of training for the USMC and while i don't know the specifics of the boot camp you are planning on attending i do know that all boot camps are for reprogramming you from a civilian to a member of the armed forces no matter what branch. take some pictures of your family with you wallet sized photos or something because it may be a few weeks until you get mail. remember that everyone there has the same stresses as you plus their own personal stressors. and above all don't lose sight of the reason that you are there.

GOOD LUCK and CONGRATS!!!

Back