Boot Camp Honor Man? Whaaa?

Tovarish1

What's an Honor Man during boot? I might be wrong but isn't it that guy holding the flag during cadence running (the flag says the boot camp company class.) I might be right I might be wrong but I haven't confirmed it with myself.

The guy with the flag is the Guide, he carries the Guidon for his Platoon, there is also a Series/Company Guide in Recruit Training.

Generally the Guide is the Platoon Honor man but not always, generally the Series Honor Man is the Series Guide, but he's only a guide during graduation.

The Iron man in the US Marine Corp Boot Camp I believe is the Marine that Graduates with the best PT Score and Best Rifle Score and best Knowledge testing scores. This in Company wide not Platoon wide. I may be wrong its been 19 years ago.

Platoon Honor Man

Though it often is the case, the right guide is not necessarily the platoon honor man. I was the platoon honor man of platoon 301 in Marine Boot Camp MCRD Parris Island in 1969 and I was a file leader.

The platoon honor man is chosen by the platoon drill instructors as the recruit that best exemplifies the highest tranditions of the Marine Corps.

Back