boot camp food

I don't know for sure but i should be able to tell you in a few months. but that is a good question i am betting it isn't that great and from what i am told i will be to tired to breathe much less eat. but yeah i am going to keep my eyes on this post so i can get the inside scoop! and i don't think it is called boot camp btw but i am a rookie at all this so i will leave that up to those wiser than i

You'll gladly eat what you are given, and like it!!!!

Military cooks have gotten a bad rap over the years, most of the cooks you'll see today enjoy cooking and enlisted to gain experience, over-all the chow is fine, and often better than what you get at home (depending on Mom's cooking skills) :D

03USMC said:
Don't worry you won't have time to taste it.

ditto, just make sure you keep your eye on the food :lol: :lol: ... its not bad at all. Alot of people were complaining but I was just trying to fill my empty stomach and gain some energy.

Plus, why do you want to know how it taste like... its not like boot camp is a Vacation :lol: :lol: j/k

i can tell you this much, even the "new and improved" MREs they have suck. i wanted to puke when i had the white rice. that stuff was disgusting.

I'm not really worried about the taste. I was mostly just wondering what the main thing I should eat is since, like you all said, I only have 3 seconds to eat it.

All you need to do is get it in. Eat as fast as you can that way it is in your system and you get the nutrients you need.

USAOwnz said:
03USMC said:
Don't worry you won't have time to taste it.
So, you do PT after it? How do you not blow chuncks?

You dont PT after you eat, the DI have Plans set out throught the whole day.
Its either Drill or Class after you eat I think... cant remember

We get really nice food on barracks in the Australian army (maybe it's cos I eat in the officers mess). No seriously, we use a civilian catering company on barracks and the catering corp in the field. Otherwise it's ration packs and hot packs, and neither of them are good. If you've eaten a rat pack, you'll be grateful for whatever hot food they serve you.

I will tell you that if you go to PI for Boot Camp then you better remember this. If you have any long humps or runs or heavy PT sessions for the day do not drink milk in the morning. Especially in the summer months. Do not worry about getting MRE's in Boot. you will only have a few of them. The chow halls all depend on what Battalion you are part of. You will just be thankful that you have something to eat most of the time. Remember to stay away from dairy products during the hot season because you and your stomach will thank me.

:lol: Seen that happen a cou-le of times. How about goin on a hump and the guy in front of you had been out drinkin all night the night before? Whew, could get drunk yourself off the fumes alone.

1stBN chow hall sucks, yes i know first hand. 2ndBN isnt that bad and its bigger and cleaner, never ate at 3rdBN WPNSBN is really good chow, and if you go to laundry its incredible chow since thats where the Marines Eat. just eat what they give you and all of it, you just need the nutrients, some of the things are really good while some of the things suck. just remember you can make P+j in the mornings, took me 4weeks to learn that :p. just eat fast, and like the other guy said, you are done when the jacka....errr sorry, the guide is done eating. my guide ate like a pidgeon and was done in 3seconds and i was small end so i didnt get to eat anything. it sucked but you deal w/ it

Just as 03 said...there is no time to taste anything.. Make sure at chow time you drink whatever kind of sport drink there is...you'll need the elctrolites.....
You will prolly hate water and hard boiled eggs by the time you graduate.

Back