Boot camp coming up

brucerg

Hey, I'm new here in the forums. I'm a Cadet PFC in MCJROTC in New Jersey. From April 24th to April 30th, some JROTC cadets from my school are going to Little Creek, VA for boot camp. I've seen the videos from the past two years and it looks pretty hard. The thing is, I'm so out of shape, especially since my class hasn't done PT in a while. My Marine Instructor left and has been gone for about 5 months now. Recently, our class was prohibited to go to the gym for PT. So any of you cadets have any advice for my out-of-shape self?

Pushups and crunches in your house. Pullups on a sturdy tree branch. Run around the neighborhood. Look online for isometric exercises. Do many many squats(the hands out front variety). Wrestle a sibling. Stretch A LOT! Hang out with Marines on the weekend(heh heh heh)!

just because you cant go to the gym doesnt mean you cant simulate gym exercises in your own home. take a watermelon and you can simulate a close-grip bench press or over your head like a military press. you can take two watermelons and put them in bags and use them for curls. Oh and you can watch Rocky IV and take some of the exercises he uses during his training in the soviet union.

Like they said. Theres stuff you can do at home like push ups, curls ups, mountain clumbers, running, and squats. So you don't have to go to a gym unless you want to use the nice equipment and all....

behemoth79 said:
just because you cant go to the gym doesnt mean you cant simulate gym exercises in your own home. take a watermelon and you can simulate a close-grip bench press or over your head like a military press. you can take two watermelons and put them in bags and use them for curls. Oh and you can watch Rocky IV and take some of the exercises he uses during his training in the soviet union.

Watermelons?

...Reminds me of a joke.

"How do I get in shape for Boot Camp?"
"Take two 5 pound potato bags and bench press them 10 times a day for two weeks."
"And after that?"
"Move up to a 10 pound bag for three weeks."
"And after that?"
"THEN...you start putting in potatoes, one by one each day until you get to Boot Camp!" :rambo:

It's not that hard to get into shape, even without access to a gym. I rarely go to the gym, and I'm in decent shape because I do most of my exercising in my room, such as push-ups, squats, and the like.

Back