a book similar similar to RSR

viewer

hi, at the moment i have some spare time and i am searching for some nice book which would be similar to Tom Clancy's Red storm rising. i'm more into the frictional direct none-nuclear nato/USA-USSR confrontation (i don't like books centered on spygames/politics) during the 70-80s.

If I were you I´d check out "Team Yankee".
Book written with a company perspective on WW3.
Well worth the read IMHO.

"Team Yankee"

Hi KJ
I read "Team Yankee" enjoy it very much made you almost feel you were in a tank sometimes a good read.

i looked on the content review of team yankee on wiki and it looks like it will suit me well. thnx for discovering harold coyle's existence for me, i missed alot :|
now just to find his books in some store....

In a similar vein, I would recommend:

The Ten Thousand, Harold Coyle, US forces trapped in a nuclear armed Germany fight their way to the coast.
Vortex - Larry Bond, coup in apartheid S Africa, expansionism, drawing in Cuban & Angolan forces, ultimately USA & GB, well written from many perspectives.
Cauldron - Larry Bond, Germany & FRance try to control Europe, but are ultimately defeated.
The Third World War - Gen Hackett, many of the themes seen in Red Phoenix, but it was written 30 odd years ago and is situated in Europe.

I must confess that I've become a bit jaded with these authors latest works, but they write well and make a plausible enough plot to enjoy seeing how the story unfolds. I can't say that I've seen many other books of this type that come up to snuff, if anyone else knows - please let me know.

Partisan I read all those books and agree there aren't many other books out there like the ones you mentioned. I'm drawn toward these types myself and sadly there only a handful of military fiction writers out there that even get published. I go to the book store monthly and usually leave disappointed.

the_13th_redneck Hey does anyone remember the book that Team Yankee was actually based on?
No I don't but might be worth reading? Please post the title, thanks

Hey does anyone remember the book that Team Yankee was actually based on?

I checked on wikipedia, it reckons that its the 3rd World War by Gen Hackett.

TYankee certainly has elements of it, but I feel that Red Phoenix is nearer in the basic plot establishment.

i hate the bookstores in israel .....
all i see there is tolkin and his clones, not even an evidence of coyle's existence :<

Back