Bonds passes Babe with home run No. 715

moving0target

SAN FRANCISCO - No. 715 played out exactly the way Barry Bonds wanted — he hit it at home, in front of the fans who love him.

It just took him a little longer than he hoped it would.
The San Francisco slugger moved past Babe Ruth on the career home run list with a mammoth shot Sunday, and now stands behind just one person.
Hank Aaron owns baseball's most revered record with 755 homers. And now the debate begins: Will Bonds stick around long enough to break it?
Bonds' latest milestone — a mightier homer than No. 714 — was a 445-foot, two-run shot to center before a sellout crowd. The homer came on the last day before the Giants begin a road trip to Florida and New York.

More here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060528/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bbn_rockies_giants

And so the record of one of the best falls before one of the worst. Lets just pass out emery boards, corked bats and numbers to the local bookie. Number 715 is right up there with a World Series canceling strike, a lifetime ban for gambling, and an attempt to throw the World Series.

Bonds can suck my................. well, you know the rest. :mrgreen:

He did it on supplements and 'roids (most likely), The Babe did it on hot dogs and beer. He is and will always be THE man!

No player today can touch the players of yesterday, not even with 1000 homers, in my opinion.

PJ24 said:

He did it on supplements and 'roids (most likely), The Babe did it on hot dogs and beer. He is and will always be THE man!

No player today can touch the players of yesterday, not even with 1000 homers, in my opinion.
Yep.The old school ball players will always be immortal, even after their records are broken. I must say though, the babe had it a tad easier because neither the batter nor the pitcher used the roids. When pitchers were throwin balls at 75-90 instead of 90-105,it must have been easier...Dont get me wrong, the Babe is the greatest, but it must have been a little bit easier..

I don't look at any of these modern age players as sports heroes. Bonds cheats with drugs and such. The Babe did it with nothing but true grit and cigars.

Bonds cheated pure and simple. I got no respect for cheaters. He might beat Aaron's number but hes still a loser.

PJ24 said:

Well, he won't be around much longer. Anabolic steroids an dcreatine tear up the system and attack the kidneys like it's going out of style.

Actually, your best bets for dietary supplements are stuff like Royal Jelly and just regular multivitamins. Nothing beats proper dieting and good, strenuous exercise.

You can scream, holler and carry on all you want ...but ... the fact is that Bonds DID break Babes record. No matter whether he knowingly did (or) did not use supplements or droids, the record HAS been surpassed.

According to every talking head since Bonds looked like he was going to surpass Babe's record, have all agreed to one thing ........ this is another case where the record books need to be annotated with an asterisk (*) next to the record bearing Bond's name.

Every bit of "verifiable" evidence that I have seen, leads me to the conclusion that Bonds didn't knowingly use droids, even though he should have been suspicious about the 'supplements' that his trainer was feeding to him. How he could bulk up and continue to increase in power and NOT realize that something was wrong is beyond me ... he probably DIDN'T want to know what he was taking.

Horsespit he didn't know... he didn't ask so he could have deniability. He CHOSE not to ask what he was being given and it is a specious difference. He is not an idiot and a sin of ommision is as guilty as a sin of commision.

Bonds is a cheating bastard but they won't touch him like they did Rose because he's black and no one wants the racially associated bs fallout that would ensue from the ignorant masses. Fact is this is being swept aside because the Babe was a product of his times and pretty racist and Bonds is black.

Chief Bones said:
You can scream, holler and carry on all you want ...but ... the fact is that Bonds DID break Babes record. No matter whether he knowingly did (or) did not use supplements or droids, the record HAS been surpassed.

According to every talking head since Bonds looked like he was going to surpass Babe's record, have all agreed to one thing ........ this is another case where the record books need to be annotated with an asterisk (*) next to the record bearing Bond's name.

Every bit of "verifiable" evidence that I have seen, leads me to the conclusion that Bonds didn't knowingly use droids, even though he should have been suspicious about the 'supplements' that his trainer was feeding to him. How he could bulk up and continue to increase in power and NOT realize that something was wrong is beyond me ... he probably DIDN'T want to know what he was taking.

Well, Bones, that's the great thing about free will, you get to have your opinion, and I get to have mine. :wink: And guess what? In my opinion Bond's didn't break crappola, I don't care what MLB says. If he wants to start over and break the Babe's record the hard way, then I'd recognize his accomplishment, but as it stands, he hasn't done much of anything but make baseball worse his entire career and that makes him a loser in my eyes.

"Didn't knowingly take steroids" lol Yeah, right.

Last edited:
How do you not know that you are taking steroids?! Seriously, did he just blindly take whatever the trainer offered? He could have poisoned him...He knew and didnt "ask" so he could say that he didnt know. If he really was taking the stuff without knowing, then he doesnt deserve to play the great American pastime at all.

bulldogg said:
Horsespit he didn't know... he didn't ask so he could have deniability. He CHOSE not to ask what he was being given and it is a specious difference. He is not an idiot and a sin of ommision is as guilty as a sin of commision.

Bonds is a cheating bastard but they won't touch him like they did Rose because he's black and no one wants the racially associated bs fallout that would ensue from the ignorant masses. Fact is this is being swept aside because the Babe was a product of his times and pretty racist and Bonds is black.
That's as good a summary as any. And I kinda agree with PJ's assessment too!

PJ24 said:
Well, Bones, that's the great thing about free will, you get to have your opinion, and I get to have mine. :wink: And guess what? In my opinion Bond's didn't break crappola, I don't care what MLB says. If he wants to start over and break the Babe's record the hard way, then I'd recognize his accomplishment, but as it stands, he hasn't done much of anything but make baseball worse his entire career and that makes him a loser in my eyes.

"Didn't knowingly take steroids" lol Yeah, right.

You 'only' addressed a portion of my post ... as I said, "You can scream, holler and carry on all you want ...but ... the fact is that Bonds DID break Babes record. No matter whether he knowingly did (or) did not use supplements or droids, the record HAS been surpassed.

According to every talking head since Bonds looked like he was going to surpass Babe's record, have all agreed to one thing ........ this is another case where the record books need to be annotated with an asterisk (*) next to the record bearing Bond's name."

You say "In my opinion Bond's didn't break crappola" ... well as far as your opinion ... it is a bunch of crappola ... the record WAS broken. NOTE: I didn't say anything about whether I thought Babe's record and Bond's record was the same as apples-v-apples (or) oranges-v-oranges ... ALL I SAID WAS THAT THE RECORD WAS BROKEN.

Screaming it ain't so don't change it...........

So what if he did break Babe's record! It is like speedskating. In Hamar Johan Olaf Koss rode this awesome world record and nobody thought that would be broken for years and years. The year after the new skate was introduced, but Koss had retired. Now every regular skater can ride the old record to shreds, with or without steroids. But people will always talk about Koss and his valiant race, just as they will talk about Ruth and his. He became immortal and will remain like that, no matter how many homeruns Barry will hit....

PJ24 said:
The Babe did it on hot dogs and beer. He is and will always be THE man!

Heheh nice... :smile:

Chief Bones said:
You 'only' addressed a portion of my post ... as I said, "You can scream, holler and carry on all you want ...but ... the fact is that Bonds DID break Babes record. No matter whether he knowingly did (or) did not use supplements or droids, the record HAS been surpassed.

According to every talking head since Bonds looked like he was going to surpass Babe's record, have all agreed to one thing ........ this is another case where the record books need to be annotated with an asterisk (*) next to the record bearing Bond's name."

You say "In my opinion Bond's didn't break crappola" ... well as far as your opinion ... it is a bunch of crappola ... the record WAS broken. NOTE: I didn't say anything about whether I thought Babe's record and Bond's record was the same as apples-v-apples (or) oranges-v-oranges ... ALL I SAID WAS THAT THE RECORD WAS BROKEN.

Screaming it ain't so don't change it...........

Nah, I addressed your post as seen here:

Well, Bones, that's the great thing about free will, you get to have your opinion, and I get to have mine. :wink: And guess what? In my opinion Bond's didn't break crappola, I don't care what MLB says.

Can't handle a differing opinion (as usual).

The record, to me, was not broken. No screaming, no "hollering," or carrying on (well, other than you); it's just that simple. If you don't like it? Tough. You'll get over it and if not, well, I don't really care. :mrgreen:

bulldogg said:

Its not about Black or white Bulldogg, like always its about green. Also while I have no respect for Bonds its really unfair to compare him to Rose. Rose was gambling on games, allegedly betting against his own team. Thats sabatoging his own team, whereas Bonds is giving Bonds (because I think in Bonds mind, he IS the team) a unfair advantage.

Back