Bombs Away

Islam was responsible for the twin towers , Iraq or anyone of the other Islamic Countries should have / could have been the example we set for the twin towers .

Just like capitalism was responsible for My Lai...I mean, all Vietnam vets were baby killers right?...if that's the brush we are painting with then might as well paint it that way for everybody right?

Islam was responsible for the twin towers , Iraq or anyone of the other Islamic Countries should have / could have been the example we set for the twin towers .

This is what they say about any belief other than their own. They use it as an excuse to murder. We can't continue the cycle of murdering in the name of religion to provoke hatred against another's religious beliefs. This is only giving them what they want.

Last edited:
It is obvious that the scope is beyond the comprehension of the lessor , Islam is a culture of Religion , politics and laws that knows no boundaries ,as most of you know or should know that the middle eastern Countries did not exist a hundred years ago the European powers created them out of the Ottoman Empire at the end of WWI they threw people together that despised each other much like the liberals and conservatives in this Country .

Ottoman Rule

It is obvious that the scope is beyond the comprehension of the lessor , Islam is a culture of Religion , politics and laws that knows no boundaries ,as most of you know or should know that the middle eastern Countries did not exist a hundred years ago the European powers created them out of the Ottoman Empire at the end of WWI they threw people together that despised each other much like the liberals and conservatives in this Country .

Interesting point and I image the Turks keep the lid on pretty tight for centuries. Although they could be quite merciless as in the case of the Armenians and other minorities. The different religious got on well enough under their autocratic rule.

So what about the Muslims in Indonesia? or India? or Bangladesh? or China? I suppose they're Arab and part of the middle east too...

How many Muslims do you actually know?

I wasn't aware that liberals and conservatives had blood feuds that went back over 1400 years? Do liberals and conservatives hate each other that much? Except for maybe the Tea party, I don't think there is anyone willing to open fire on the other in this country much less blow themselves up.

You know, maybe we should just kill them all though...I mean if they're muslim then they're complicit right...especially all them kids...we should really be killing them because I'm positive they were the masterminds of this whole predicament. Particularly the Muslim babies, just throw them in the air and shoot them I say...guilty...all of them...<<<satire for those who don't know me...

Many Westerners have this idea that we are somehow immune from barbarity when if fact we were the masters of it at one time...and not all that long ago. ANYONE can do what ISIS is doing. Do those individuals need to be killed...yes, but I'm also logical enough to realize that eradicating 1.2 billion people off the face of the earth is not even feasible let alone ethical. Instead of trying to kill all our problems...which has failed miserably for over 50 years by the way...why don't try to help bring the ones who want to come into the modern age with us forward and leave everyone else behind...whether they're Muslim, Christian, American, or Arab...otherwise, it's never going to end.

Timothy McViegh blew up the Federal Building in Oklahoma City a number of years back was a Roman Catholic. Did anyone accuse the church for what he did?

How many Muslims do I know ? maybe a dozen , we do business together , I neither like them or dislike them , they are here they obey the laws unlike that trash that hangs out in Ferguson MO . Rudyard Kipling had it right when he said East is East and West is West and never the two shall meet .

Once you lived and fought with people of Muslim faith, the more you find out that most of them are just like you and me. Brinktk are right, it is time that we focus on the values ​​we have in common and try to move forward together.

How do you reconcile these two?

How many Muslims do I know ? maybe a dozen , we do business together , I neither like them or dislike them , they are here they obey the laws unlike that trash that hangs out in Ferguson MO . Rudyard Kipling had it right when he said East is East and West is West and never the two shall meet .

In one instance you're saying that killing any of them would have sufficed for 9/11 because they are all guilty by association and in another you are saying they aren't that bad and people who are from the US that aren't Muslims are worse in regards to internal problems...

Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

If I knew what I was talking about I wouldn't be talking to you

I'm not sure if you're being facetious or serious here...

Do you genuinely want to learn or do you just want to reinforce stereo-types and simplistic views so one doesn't hurt their heads too much thinking about the utter complexity of it all?

Continued

It is utterly complex, it’s almost global. Moslem terrorists have a strong presence in over a dozen countries. They desire to convert or kill. They hate the US and Americans in general. Islamic Front is the show piece presently.But they are only a part of this overall treat. The US has limitations in Afghanistan and had them in Iraq. This prevented them from completing the job. If they were given the freedom to eliminate the treat I believe they could, but it would likely result in more collateral damage. Bad for public relations. My brother observed this 1st hand. The average person in these countries just wants to make a living and care for their family. This information comes to me from direct sources friend and relatives in the service and people who have provided humanitarian aid.

Like many people I was born in the U.S. and grew up in Vietnam , I fought through the entire tet offensive 2 months of 24/7 , the U.S. won that battle and you might say the war in that time period , when asked how you could tell the difference between friend and foe my answer was simple you killed them all , it was and all out push to crush the enemy and Americans can be good at that if turned loose , so what needs to be done in the middle my answer is simple .

We can see how effective that was since south Vietnamese sovereignty was preserved and we have had successful policy in south east Asia for decades now...wait...no we haven't...hmmm, seems like something isn't lining up here. Oh that's right, again, we tried to kill the problem then as we tried to do in Iraq and Afghanistan and it was fruitless.

The Vietnamese as well as Laos and for a time Cambodia fell to communism which means we failed. Meaning didn't win...meaning lost.

Which unit were you with around Cu Chi?

Last edited:
I was a door gunner with the 116th ahc ( assault helicopter company ) call sign Hornets I flew on Hornet 32 based at ( NOT AROUND ) Cu Chi , we operated in the Iron Triangle and War Zone C . The VN war was lost because one participant knew how to fight a war and the other knew how to win a war .

I was a door gunner with the 116th ahc ( assault helicopter company ) call sign Hornets I flew on Hornet 32 based at ( NOT AROUND ) Cu Chi , we operated in the Iron Triangle and War Zone C . The VN war was lost because one participant knew how to fight a war and the other knew how to win a war .

Precisely, and quite well put. Fighting a war well and winning a war are two different things. I'd like to eventually win this thing...not simply be more combat effective at the tactical level. I was in the invasion of Iraq and also spent almost 2 years in al Anbar province where the heart of the insurgency was in the now well known Fallujah, Habbaniyah, and Ramadi areas. We were quite good at killing the enemy...or who we deemed the enemy...and all it did was make things worse. We could never kill the right ones at the right times without creating more to deal with that would eventually take their place. Killing "everybody" while tempted to do so in some of my darkest moments, I knew was not an option and deep down we knew not only would it be wrong, but it would just cause us to lose more of our buddies over time in an endless cycle of violence. I was back over there back in 2011 in a much different environment in the Kirkuk area. We had much more success by empowering the locals, setting up our own intel cells, and giving the security forces the ability to accomplish their missions in their way with us backing them with resources, training, and back up. Local civilians would flag us down with tips about insurgents at great risk to themselves. Iraqi security forces would insist to patrol with my unit because we trusted them and empowered them. And we got results...far more high value targets captured, far more IEDs found before they blew from anonymous tips, far more cooperation all the way around. Something that was unthinkable in my first 2 combat tours over there.

Also, my dad was a grunt up in I corps through most of 67 on his first tour and a door gunner/crew chief on his last two tours in the RoV on the UH34 and CH46 from 68-70. Much respect.

Last edited:
Back